Title and register a Westfield as a....

TMIfilms

I'm a new member and have just purchased a 2006 Westfield SEIW that needs to be finished (90% done) but it has no Title or MSO (lost), nor has it ever been registered. Not a problem for where I live because I can title it as "replica" vehicle because it is assembled from different parts and looks like a Lotus seven. So I have a choice of what year I want to state it as and what I want to call it (i.e. Lotus Westfield, Westfield Seven, Lotus Westfield Seven etc.). It is something I am planing on keeping and driving a lot as I have always wanted one like this.I'd like feedback and thoughts on what year and name you would use if you were given a choice and why? Thanks and looking forward to seeing the responses.

In the U.K. our rules are very different to yours and we don’t have any relaxations for replicas. 

kit cars are registered as new cars so for your build if completed this year would be described a 2023.

Many of us like to call our cars what they are rather than pretending they are something which they’re not so we proudly call them Westfield’s.

Thanks Mark, I would proudly call mine a Westfield, but since I have to come up with some sort of replica name I will have to get creative. I do want to incorporate Westfield in the name but may need to have some reference to it's resemblance to another car.

Prior to the litigation with Caterham (who had bought the rights to produce the lotus 7) they were called Westfield Seven’s as a homage to their origins.

if you had to give it a replica name that’s what I’d go for.

If you need a date , go with Jan 1988, that is when Westfield had to stop calling them 7's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two7 said:

If you need a date , go with Jan 1988, that is when Westfield had to stop calling them 7's.

And it’s a date that should fall within most countries historic rules, for the future, should you ever want to sell. It will also fit nicely in Westfield Sportscars Ltd timeline, so again, won’t raise red flags.

• Like 1