January 2023 - Essex and North Kent Local Meet

Matt Fisher

Sunday 8th January was the first meet of the 2023 calendar year and regardless of what the British weather could throw at us, it was well attended.

Unfortunately the weather played havoc with the planned blat out, it was attempted by one over enthusiastic member, however after much aqua-planing, it was shortly aborted!

The Barge Inn, our new venue, saw 15 members in attendance for what was to be the final meet as AO for Rob, after deciding to step down from the role.

I would like to take this opportunity, along will all the other members, to thank you for all your hard work as AO, you have left some big shoes to fill, but at least now you have no excuse not to get that Westfield back on the road (its been off the road for nearly 4 years, sorry not sorry!)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members who voted for me to become the new AO of this fantastic group, my name is Matt and I look forward to planning and meeting you all in the future at our local meets!

Have a great January and keep an eye out for posts regarding our February meet!!

B0DEA55E-A133-449C-BDF3-02AE2DC44D7B_1_105_c.jpeg

0905FADF-A4C2-41CE-9507-62B421729666_1_105_c.jpeg

B0B8DBED-E46F-4415-B12F-1D0B961C47F6_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Thanks @Robert Bannister (ROBBIE180) - Essex AO and welcome Matt @Fish7391 

One day I’ll make it back along to an Essex meet, we were meeting at the lodge back then so it shows how long it’s been for me !!! 

Existing and new members are always welcome, pop down in February be great to meet you