Club badges

Rob Waldron

Hi I expect this has been asked before ☺️ does the club have sew on badges for the club or the circular Westfield badge  sew on, for overalls. 
thanks 

you used to be able to get WSCC branded overalls from the club merchandise supplier (Howsafe). I guess I'd try contacting them to see what's available now.

The circular Westfield badge, defo no, that’s copyrighted and who knows, Westfield Chesil might eventually  start producing them or even change the logo.  We did use to offer WSCC badges but demand did not meet minimum production requirements ie. produced 50 which lasted 10 years!  We also had requests from the Speed Series to produce them out of flameproof material, but the cost…! 😳😬

I’d contact Howsafe as above.

2 hours ago, Rhett Turner - Black Country AO said:

you used to be able to get WSCC branded overalls from the club merchandise supplier (Howsafe). I guess I'd try contacting them to see what's available now.

@Rob WaldronI've contacted Howsafe and unfortunately they cannot produce stand alone sew on logo badge, they do have a sticker sheet available along with all other club gear here:

https://www.howsafe.co.uk/wscc

Thanks for the info guys. I have the overalls which i wear marshalling they come with various motor sport badges. I thought it would have been a cool add on. Never mind ill see what the owners might do in the future. 

I sourced some fabric sew on badges recently from here. 

https://patcholand.pt/en/

the quality seems really good. I plan to use mine to replace the caterham badge on the headrest of the seats I have bought. I will include in my build diary when I reach that stage. 

• Thanks 1

I am planning to replace the headrest fabric on the below seats and replace with new fabric and attach the Westfield badges. 
these seats are really comfortable and light. 

48263B87-6D3D-401B-A084-3AC91F56EE08.thumb.jpeg.3a724916bcc5a688f8213e49cc807cf5.jpeg

• Like 1

I spoke to the previous Westfield management, years ago now, (Julian Turner), in a private capacity, regards use of the logo/trade marks.

Now, I was only asking as I wanted to add some logo’s parts to my then new Mega S2000 build, that the factory didn’t offer, and wanted to do it “right”, (being a fairly visible Club/committee member); they were pretty good to be fair, and quite OK with me using the sunburst logo, and/or Westfield tm script, as well as the Mega S2000 script on the car on parts they didn’t manufacture/supply. With a few provisos:

The permission was ONLY for me, though they would be happy to do the same for others, I couldn’t get multiple copies made of something and sell the others IYSWIM.

No changes or additions to the trademarked items, they must be as used by the factory regards proportions, spacing etc.

They mustn’t be combined with other text or logos, either directly, or by spacing, to imply “another meaning” - basically don’t put words in the factories mouth, that could reflect badly on them.

So for personal stuff, fair usage rules seemed to be fine. 

Obviously we have new owners in charge now, so they may have different views; I’d be very surprised (and disappointed) if personal fair usage wasn’t still ok, subject to the above points. But once they’re up and running, and not flat out getting the parts department going, as they currently are, I’ll perhaps have the conversation with them, about whether the Club in principle, can use the logo etc on publicity materials, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Dave, are you saying i should not go ahead as planned with my adaptation to the seats and the use of the Westfield badges to replace the caterham logo?

On a different topic, I've just had four wheel centre cap stickers made up before Christmas, with the Westfield logo on them. :suspect: ;)

12 minutes ago, JTR said:

use of the Westfield badges to replace the caterham logo?

I would imagine they'd find that amusing! Can't see it being an issue.