Westfield SEIW featured as PistonHeads 'Brave Pill'

Spacedoggy

https://www.pistonheads.com/regulars/ph-spottedykywt/westfield-seiw--the-brave-pill/46678

Conclusion seems to be that the only brave thing about it is the Q plate. Interesting reading through the comments though.  The consensus there seems to be little else offers the same performance/experience for the money. I concur.  

• Like 2

Hi!

Yes, saw that and quite enjoyed reading the comments. Definitely lots of points for discussion: Pinto engine, sold by Toybox, Q plate... Just not a brave pill in the usual sense as in "ruinous"...

• Like 1

I think there’s a general sense that you have to be a real kit car enthusiast/decent mechanic to keep a Westfield on the road (not being either of the above, everyone I spoke to thought I was mad when I bought mine).  Fortunately I have a found a decent garage and treat it like anything else I drive.  From a driver engagement perspective I don’t think much come close for the money. I wonder whether I’m in the minority, or whether there is a potential market of people like me out there that just wants to drive something awesome, but hasn’t considered Westfields due to the perception that you need to be able to build the car to have fun driving it? Not that I’m not in total awe of those who have done so! 🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spacedoggy said:

I think there’s a general sense that you have to be a real kit car enthusiast/decent mechanic to keep a Westfield on the road (not being either of the above, everyone I spoke to thought I was mad when I bought mine).  Fortunately I have a found a decent garage and treat it like anything else I drive.  From a driver engagement perspective I don’t think much come close for the money. I wonder whether I’m in the minority, or whether there is a potential market of people like me out there that just wants to drive something awesome, but hasn’t considered Westfields due to the perception that you need to be able to build the car to have fun driving it? Not that I’m not in total awe of those who have done so! 🙂

Nope, you're not alone!

I can do little bits, but anything serious gets done in a garage.

I love being able to tinker and love even more driving something so fast, so raw, so pure and all the while not going above my means. 

If I'm honest with myself and while we all love to dream, a Westfield is exactly the car I truly wanted and "needed" all my life.

I genuinely can't ask for anything more!

Thank you Bernie for selling yours to me!!!

• Like 1

When I bought my Westfield it was a considered purchase, and one i had thought about for some time. I to had a little knowledge on cars.  Could do oil changes brake pads etc but i have attempted so much on this car and if its not your main point of transport you can start something an go back to it. Its been fun, just into my 7th year of ownership. Nothing brave about it.

When I bought it I thought why do more people not do this, and the conclusion I have come to, its having somewhere to put it.

if you keep it somewhere away from where you live its too much hassle to go get it so they don't get used and sold on. A lot of people don't have a garage and when they do 98% of those are filled up with "stuff." 

That my opinion anyway ha 😁

• Like 3