Hello everyone - looking for min 30yrs old Westfield Ideally in EU for import to Greece

nikos

Welcome and good luck. You will find advice here from people in the know. 

• Like 1

If it’s down as “first registered” in 1981 then it might not be correctly registered as a Westfield - because they didn’t exist back then.

EDIT: however, the DVLA were known to issue V5 “logbooks” using the donor’s first registered age. So as long as the V5 states “Westfield” it should be OK

Edited by Kingster
Wrong advice

16 hours ago, Kingster said:

If it’s down as “first registered” in 1981 then it’s not correctly registered as a Westfield - because they didn’t exist back then.  

Personally, I wouldn’t touch it. 

Greece has similar restrictions to most of Europe. He's after a 30yrs old car min.  I've been supporting @nikos via FB and suggested he joined our great club to get better quality advise etc.

The car was MOT'd in the UK for some time with no issues- https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=ayc101x&fbclid=IwAR17DReUNGXklVyIgm-L9GJ05JVSCwrdYuanlQaErpntSYo7V_piOg5Pmt0

Does this 30 yrs old min age, limit him to narrow bodied cars only? When where the first SIEW's made?

Welcome @nikos 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Does this limit him to narrow bodied cars only? When where the first SIEW's made?

My SEiW was registered in May 1991 and from memory the bodywork labels where legible are early 1990

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

it’s very difficult to find an wide car . 

its any chance to have any in mind that it’s for sale ? 

i  don’t mind for the engine . just want to be 1992 or before 

thanks for all the help. 

also i have find a 1991  total stock with 1600 double carburetors. what is the best set up for this engine? 

thanks for all the help . 

If it helps for reference, my first Westfield was purchased as a kit in 1988 - it was an SEi - wide body.

On completing the build in 1990 it was registered as a new car on an H plate.

The car isn't for sale (sold it years ago) ........... Just to advise that SEi wide body cars were available from 1988.

Mine was one of the earliest to be supplied and it was the very first sold in modular format by Westfield

Good Luck in your search 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

The car was MOT'd in the UK for some time with no issues

Ah yes it is possible that it was one of those that were given the donor age by the DVLA at one point. So likely to be legitimately registered if the V5 said “ Westfield“ rather than Ford. 

• Thanks 2

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Hello everyone - looking for min 30yrs old Westfield Ideally in EU for import to Greece
32 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Ah yes it is possible that it was one of those that were given the donor age by the DVLA at one point. So likely to be legitimately registered if the V5 said “ Westfield“ rather than Ford. 

I’d  agree with this. I did reply to the same post on Facebook but for whatever reason my message was flagged for review by admin and as yet not published.

The advert on marketplace clearly shows the chassis plate which indicates it to be a 1991 but it was quite common back then that admin errors occurred at the dvla and cars were given the first registration date for the donor.

I don’t see this as anything to worry about. My only minor concern is that the chassis plate that is fitted is non-original (the plate fitted is for a latter car) so I would want to satisfy myself that the chassis number stamped into the chassis tube on the front crossmember below the radiator is the same as that shown on the chassis plate and documentation.

F6871D83-66DA-444D-96FA-E857F09A4BCE.jpeg.9088e67018bb397d8d1604b7ca76ac71.jpeg

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Andy Westwood said:

The advert implies this will need an IVA test so won’t be much use to the Nikos as he needs one that was register 30 years ago.

Hello @nikos , in Your country if You buy a car like Westfield, but already registered elsewhere in European Union, it needs to be from 1991 or earlier ?