International sprints & hill climbs

Richard Houlgate

Kirkistown circuit sprints, Craigantlet and Knockalla hillclimb in Northern Ireland

Thanks John. I was doing business in Northern Ireland many years ago, one of our party said to our hosts 'Back in the UK we do.....'. This didn't go down well!

So I appreciate the national leads, hadn't thought of them, and will follow them up.

St. Gouneo Hillclimb in Brittany has seen quite a few WSCC SS drivers compete and spectate there .......... if Carlsberg organised hillclimbs then this is the place 👍     Its not just a day its a whole weekend of hill-climbing and social activity its even televised on Breton TV at times, being part of the French championship it attracts some fantastic cars and displays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard Houlgate said:

Thanks John. I was doing business in Northern Ireland many years ago, one of our party said to our hosts 'Back in the UK we do.....'. This didn't go down well!

So I appreciate the national leads, hadn't thought of them, and will follow them up.

Tim Nunn has done both St Gouneo and Knockalla if you want to ask opinions. The British hillclimb go to Craigantlet and Kirkistown. I have done Kirkistown several times and can vouch for it. Jonathan Toulmin may have done Craigantlet but has definittley done Kirkistown if you want opinions

Thanks John, I'll have a word with Jonathan, we are part of a team that organises the Clee Hills trial.

I'd have to say St Goueno is an outstanding event. Check out You tube of course. Also go to the HSA website which has a lot of useful resources. I've been twice (pre - Brexit,no politics, but customs carnet and extra costs have been a factor recently).  It is a complete experience, brillantly technical hill of 3+ km, afeztival of arts and music, great food, lovely people, and also part of the French national championship with all the TV and FIA "razzmatazz" .  Portsmouth to Caen/St Malo and a very easy drive. Lots of Irish competition as well. You'll need to get a move on if you want to enter ,since the "window" starts on 31st December.

I had a look into St Goueno. When the entry fee includes food, wine and a music festival ticket you know it's gonna be a hoot!

I think you might need an RS National licence for St Guerno?

Yes you do need an RS National licence, plus a couple of other things such as carrying an extinguisher. 

Best regards

Phil

Nothing wrong with the road its just the scenery at each side that is a problem

• Haha 1

There is also some hillclimbs on the Isle of Man https://www.longton-dmc.co.uk/index.php/bulletins/263-manx-classic-2023-information

In fact 3 of them in 3 days 

Plus another on the Isle of Wight https://iowcc.co.uk/sprint/