Wind deflector design and improvements

Daniel from Anglesey

On 16/11/2022 at 16:09, Daniel from Anglesey said:

I have just purchased a strip heater.

My intention is to draw a design up, laser cut and bend my own. £140 is much too expensive.

Along with the strip heater. I've also acquired a fluidised bath for dip coating.

What thickness polycarbonate are those you have, 3 or 6mm.

Has anyone had any cracking around the screw holes?

Daniel from Anglesey 

Hi @Daniel from Anglesey , I have recently fabricated my wind deflectors 

Polycarbonate is bettet than acrylic ( race car windows are for some reason polycarbonate, not acrylic) . 

Used 3mm and 4mm (firss was   3mm as i had spare in garage, it was going to be just to try, but I keep it - works as well as 4mm, no difference during drive).

Cutted just wit jigsaw , not proud with the edges in first deflector :) second is better, third...never done :)

Bends - catching deflector between two blocks of wood in vice heating with heat gun . But that way did only main bend, was not sure what angle etc to make second one, so decided to attach this lower part with bolts.

I know, not nice internal edge with this what was going to be "just to try" deflector, but works , so stays as is :

IMG_20221029_002944082.thumb.jpg.3844b7fd2a3aa7a71de0cc86a174ba0c.jpgIMG_20221029_003049234.thumb.jpg.5e4063beb319508c321c8a27d3057a3f.jpg

As said above - it works, also works nice to record videos without wind noise ! ;)

IMG_20221029_003019062.jpg

• Like 1

They are really effective from what l saw in the video. Nice job, well done.

I like the design of them.