SOLD - Ex-Loudon / O’Connor Hillclimb SE for sale - now road legal.

Steve Cooper

Now SOLD. Thanks for looking! 

Hello all. I'm looking to sell my 1989 Westfield, and I thought this might be the right place to try! 

It's the ex-John Loudon / Peter O'Connor Hillclimb car, now returned to the road. John spent well over £40k on development of this car that held many records and won several championships. it would be THE car to enter the road-going class next year. 

It has a dry-sump 223hp Puma 1650cc screamer, with a recently rebuilt Elite sequential box and Tran-X LSD. Just been set up on Dave Walker's dyno at Emerald in Norfolk and it drives perfectly. (Although it is a handful!)

It has wide track rose jointed suspension, Quantum shocks, drilled discs and alloy calipers front and rear, quick rack, bias pedal box, and more.

There's a ton of spares; brand new Tillet passenger seat, second set of Force Racing wheels with Avon slicks, a set of Avon wets, new rear body tub, several new and used rear arches, diff and half shafts, springs, plugs and lubricants, an assist battery on Anderson plug, and more. 

I have a good number of photos and a full spec list if anyone's interested. I paid £14.5k for it, but have since spent another £2000 getting it sorted out and road ready.  

I'm aware it's the wrong end of the year to sell, so I would accept £14k for a quick sale.

Edited to say: I’m 5’9” and 72kg and it fits me perfectly. Any taller or er… heavier and you may struggle to get in - or out! 

Please feel free to email me on c_o_o_p@hotmail.com

Thanks for looking.

274938F3-C8C9-4BE8-A14C-F1874367274A.jpeg

031D69F2-7AD0-4F5E-8C54-15344BFFB459.jpeg

C5EF181B-4039-4542-8782-C0D803DF96FD.jpeg

9598DFEB-A9ED-4A9E-AFFA-005F53B72CE1.jpeg

2980941D-9876-4CCB-A20E-351A5A907B3A.jpeg

• Like 3

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison changed the title to Ex-Loudon / O’Connor Hillclimb SE for sale - now road legal.

A brilliant car that I loved for 20 years. I dispute the £40k comment though............

27 minutes ago, John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison said:

A brilliant car that I loved for 20 years. I dispute the £40k comment though............

Thanks John! It’s an amazing machine.

I was only going by what I was told Sir. Maybe £38k? 😆

27 minutes ago, Steve Cooper said:

Thanks John! It’s an amazing machine.

I was only going by what I was told Sir. Maybe £38k? 😆

Perhaps  your figure includes for the value of @John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison time, effort and expertise in fettling the car over the years?

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Perhaps  your figure includes for the value of @John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison time, effort and expertise in fettling the car over the years?

That's almost certainly what he meant. 😄 

• Thanks 1

• Steve Cooper changed the title to SOLD - Ex-Loudon / O’Connor Hillclimb SE for sale - now road legal.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.