Rewiring needed

Alex Priceless

Hello

having finally dragged my long loved Westfield into the light , I recently started her up and unfortunately got some smoke from the wiring loom.

the wiring had perished up to the fuse box (including the fuse box:) from the dashboard

I’d appreciate any thought /help recommendation’s of expertise :) 

looking forward to getting her back on the road and joining a northwest meet 

Alex 

As much detail about the car as possible would help as early and later looms are quite different, the type of loom supplied was also influenced for a while by engine choice.

Compared to a modern cars loom though, the Westfield looms are way simpler! Though the later/current modular looms are a little more complex than the early, engine specific looms. 

Fortunately, there are good wiring diagrams for much of the stuff used since the 2000's or so, plus the factory has pretty much always used standard Lucas wiring colour coding, (helps identify the wires function), so it would be possible to strip the loom tape off, and use the burnt section as a template to replace the wires?

• Like 1