Cadwell Park Track Day 13th August 2004

Westfieldman

He was not alone in leaving it on the trailer though Mark.

I even offered to drive the cars for them but No ??????

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Westfieldman

• Buzz Billsberry

• Peter Cox

• Rob Navin

Yeh

Iwas out there practising aqua planing _ true Yorkshire grit - paid me money therefore gotta use the track. I can confirm it was not wet but a bl**** monsoon. As you would expect I upheld the WSCC honour and passed an Evo6 with ease as well as everything else. Didnt need rear view mirrors !

Only bad point was that I found out that Tom Whitaker is younger than me! Oh and I bought another car trailer.

Anyone want to buy mine??

Terry ???

well thanks to nanas and others burgering off early, us hardy soles who'd driven there in our Westies, tracked it and driven back had a great day, open pitlane and zero queues past 2pm!!

Last I saw Buzz he was "borrowing" petrol left right and centre to eak out every last minute on track!!

Mind you aquaplaning down the start/finish lap on the siteing lap was a bit of a clencher!!

Greg

I can't beleive I canceled and it wasn't a perfect day !!! I was expecting only 10 people to turn up blue skies and people to tell me it was the best track day ever.

Hope people had a good time gooning in the rain. Even with the weather it had to be better than a day in the office !!!

Paul did Carl show you his Minno so we could talk tyre racks again ?

Bazzer

Good opportunity to 'find the limits' of your car in the wet.

Like Terry, I had to get some tracktime, though not a patch on buzz who was rarely off the track between 2pm and 4pm  :D  

Thank You's to -

Jonny WT / Rob for assistance with cooling problem earlier in week

Rob for the use of his COVERED trailer  ???

Terry for the use of his jump leads today

Trev at Tranzpower in Chesterfield for setting up suspension, geometry etc - UNBELIEVABLE difference :t-up:

Rob, Barney, Nick, Jonny, John to name but a few have all visited trev this year to check / improve their setup - I cannot speak highly enough of him

Tel 01246 456277

Well what a fantastic day! 135 miles of Cadwell Tarn pleasure. I felt sorry for the guy who I was towing on the water skis he kept falling off !!.. too wet I guess. The good thing of having a V8 that weighs in @750kg... is you get lots of traction. I didn't even take the spare off.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to westfieldman AKA Paul for letting me use his diving suit ! and also for the 10 litres of fuel he parted with so I could do the last 15 mins or so

My heart goes out to Justin  from down souff for his unlucky trip into the tyre wall near the end hope you got home ok? .He was ok tho'. Plus Scooby thanks for letting me moving into the truck for the day. :D

Buzz

135 miles Buzz

you would have only got in 6 sessions of 10/11 laps @2.1 miles per lap on a full day no wonder you needed my fuel.

Anyone got any pics?

Got some of my ex if you want them? :p

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...