New member - Yorkshire

Gareth D (GAZ 4885)

Hello all,

Ever since I had a bit of track time in a C*terham I've been think of getting a Westfield but work & DIY kept getting in the way. I'm still mid house re-furbishment but the right car came up for sale nearby and I couldn't resist.

IMG-20220923-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.b2085fc7c8dcdc2dee6867d234dffe60.jpeg

SEiW 2.0 lt Zetec running 45 weber carbs with a type 9 (sold by Barry Peel)

Car is currently garaged until I can get some ramps sorted as driveway is a bit too steep (practicality an afterthought).

I'll get some more pictures up once the car is back out on the road. Looking forward to it!

• Like 7

Hello, and welcome to the club and the Yorkshire area. 

I hope @barry peel told you about the club and the local meetings. We have 2 monthly meetings, the Tuesday evening one at the Fox and Grapes on York Road, A64 on the first Tuesday of the month from 7:30ish. The next one is on the 4th October. We also hold a breakfast meeting on the 3rd Sunday. At the moment this is moving around to take in different venues. Details of when and where will be posted in the events section of the forum. 

We also have regular runs out, again these are posted on the forum. 

Hope to see you around and good to see Barry's car still in the club. 

• Like 2

Welcome from South Derbyshire, lovely looking car 👍

• Like 1

Welcome, a cracker of a car!

• Like 1

Glad it went somewhere local, feels weird not having a Westfield in the gargae as I have owned one since 1991.

@Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO. I mentioned the meets etc. and GAZ 4885 asked me to get you to add him to the Whats app group which I will do on there shortly.

Maybe I will come back but at the moment I need to scratch a long term itch into a different marque (No not the dark side :)) but somewhere near.

Its been a pleasure being part of the club for so many years although this last couple have been more in the back ground due to family commitments on club nights and weekends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

you'll have to sell the house if you cant get in on the drive...its the only option 😁

Welcome aboard

welcome @Gareth D (GAZ 4885) from another Yorkshire member :yes: