New member Devon

Rob Waldron

Hi all, I thought I would introduce myself. I have posted a couple of topics recently  to help me get some information on what I should be looking for. Not bought the car yet just about to start tracking one down. Is it a good time or would Spring be a better option.
 I am an ex biker as of a couple of weeks decided to call it a day after 40 years off and on. Sadly don’t feel safe any more just to many numpties that don’t see bikes. I felt like a ticking time bomb waiting for the time I miss it and get hit.  I am volunteer Marshal for motorsport UK and a member of Torbay MC.  if your ever at Wiscombe in Devon  watching or competing I will probably be there. Can’t miss us the orange army ☺️ 
Cheers for now 

Rob 

• Like 7

Welcome, they're not quite as seasonal as they once were. Spring used to see the most cars for sale, but then at the highest prices. Winter, fewer but with "softer" prices. Now people just seem to sell when they're ready to sell, much more.

Some great cars available at the moment, too. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome @Rob Waldronfrom just across the border in Somerset, about 45 mins away. Good luck finding a car, as said there are some really nice spec ones around for what look like decent prices currently.

Hoping to finally get my car down here this weekend from Berkshire where it is stored.

• Thanks 1

Hi ,Rob.

Shame you felt vulnerable on the bike/road.

My only fear was being caught speeding, so easy on the bike.

I never felt at risk myself.

Good luck finding a car.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MR.C said:

Hi ,Rob.

Shame you felt vulnerable on the bike/road.

My only fear was being caught speeding, so easy on the bike.

I never felt at risk myself.

Good luck finding a car.

Living in Devon we have the holiday makers that have there minds else where ☺️. I know what you mean regarding speeding, I seemed to be continually giving it some to avoid the idiots. Had a custom Harley, a classic 1966 BSA Spitfire and a modern Triumph Scrambler. That’s why i am going for a Westfield its near as two wheels as you can get ☺️

1 hour ago, evosteve said:

I am in North Devon, more than welcome to try mine for size. Older SEiW but not on the road at the moment.

Many thanks that would be good. 

8 minutes ago, Rob Waldron said:

Many thanks that would be good. 

Hi Rob! I'm in North Devon, too. Just round the corner from evosteve.

So, if you are making your way up, please give me a shout, you can try out mine, too.

I'm really tall and have huge feet - but I fit in.

Widebody, Vauxhall Redtop, Type 9 gearbox, standard floors.

Top mounted pedals made the biggest single difference in the cars I tried for size.

• Thanks 1

Welcome! Spectated at Wiscombe a few times now, great wee hillclimb! Also got some of the local cider from the fella in the big house, nicknamed Sui-cider... and I can understand why 🤯

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and welcome!

Good luck with the search.

You should fine something that tickles your fancy in the forum before long!

There's a Devon and Somerset WhatsApp which I can add you to if that would be of interest?

If so, then DM me with your number and I will do the honours.

Thx

Sean

• Like 1