Towbar

Arm

VW towbar and plug in electrics for a  Golf. Came off a 2002 model so I suspect it will fit most models in that range (except estate ?)

Anyway its got a detachable hitch and the whole lot is dead easy to fit to the car.

Make me an offer, dont know what they are new so how about we have  "Wbay" bidding

(Wbay is a trademark for Westfield bidding)

For the Muppits out there; Dont know what it revs to, its got no gears and its greyish !

mr mason  you have not mentioned about the wide track thats fitted to your tow bar  :t-up:  ( WBAY) how about (BBAY) this  is a trademark for  b*****kbay  :arse:  :t-up:  ;)

What make / type is it? - I'm looking for one with a plate towball rather than a swan-neck, and that doesn't need the bumper cut

If it fits the bill - I'll start the bidding at £30 (same price as one on eBay  ;) )

Steve

Ahh

This is the swan neck type and it exits from a cutout in the underside of the bumper. So maybe not the type you are looking for.

Having fitted this I'm not sure how a towbar could be fitted without doing some cut or other to the bumper because the bumper wraps right under to the rear apron.

Ash

Could you see the cut-out when the towbar was removed?

I talked to someone at Oulton a while back who was towing with a golf using a witter towbar - and he said that the bumper hadn't needed to be cut - strange ??? - I've just checked out the witter details, and they say you do need to cut

If they all need a cut - then I might have to have a rethink

Cheers

Steve

The cut is made to the unpainted section under the bumper in a position where you cannot see it.

When I took the bar off the last car it was not possible to tell it had been fitted with a towbar without getting your head under the bumper. I kept the piece that was cut out and could have put it back in if necessary (didn't bother in the end).

I think a swan neck design is the only way to get the bar to come out from under the car !

If you are near Cheshire call in and take a look.

Ash

I'm in Warrington (Cheshire) - whereabouts are you in Cheshire

I've PMed you my phone No.- as I may still want the towbar - but I'll have to find out if you can put a bike rack and things on a swan neck

Cheers

Steve

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.