tracks, hills and speed series venues competing as novice

Two7

Sorry if daft questions.

1.  As a novice ( done track days and have a certificate for a Gurston Down training day a month ago) can I apply to all of the speed series events being planned for 2023 or will I need some previous experience ( I see some tracks need proof of 2 or more events under your belt).  Should I do another hill climbing or sprint training day somewhere in what is left of this season to get another certificate ?  Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. As I live far down in the west country venues like Cadwell, Anglesey, Blyton and Harewood are a bit of a trek ( but I would obviously make the trip to Blyton for the WSCC sprint if you hold one next year) .  Can I still take part in the speed series if I just restricted myself to the closer venues, such as Pembrey, Gurston Down , MIRA and  Shelsley Walsh. 

3.  If I can enter at my "local" venues i.e. Wiscombe Park,  Castle Combe , Watergate Bay, Prescott and Clay Pigeon Raceway, would they count towards the speed series.

Good to speak to you and hope you will get the sprinting and hillclimb bug. As I explained only the results for events in our calendar will count towards the Speed Series etc. You can also join other clubs if you think that will get you an entry closer to TorQuay/Brixham. Hope to see you in the paddock 

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.