Gel coat suppliers

B14KCR

Hi All, I've just joined up, as this place seems like the font of knowledge for all things Westy. Had the car for two years now and have swapped single carb for twin 45s. I have filled the carb hole in  the bonnet with fibre glass. Does anyone know of a supplier of chrome yellow gel coat that delivers?? Cheers

Welcome @B14KCR

Most find this place very good for all things fibreglass- https://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/

• Like 1

Hi Ian, Thanks for the quick response have used these guys for fibre glass before they are really good, but sadly they do not do westfield colours, well not chrome yellow. 👍

1 hour ago, B14KCR said:

Hi Ian, Thanks for the quick response have used these guys for fibre glass before they are really good, but sadly they do not do westfield colours, well not chrome yellow. 👍

As you probably realize, even if you got it from WSC, It's not likely to be a good enough match. Probably better to get the whole item resprayed by a bodyshop to match your other bodywork. It's likely to have faded to some extent due to sunlight etc.

2 hours ago, B14KCR said:

sadly they do not do westfield colours, well not chrome yellow. 👍

That's because no one does. AFAIK, most of the colours weren't just straight off the shelf colours, despite what many will insist. (I guess, they may have been part of some manufacturers range back in the eighties, when the standard range of colours was chosen?)

Depending on which grp supplier was producing the panels at any one time, some did offer very good colour matching to existing bodywork; my last parts were done like this, I had to supply a sample piece of bodywork, and the gel coat was mixed to match that. They got a superb match, but it was a drawn out process while they made batches of test samples up, to get the right mix.

This is why there are no RAL codes for most of the colours.