SOLD! SEiW C20XE on TB's, 1994 on a Q Plate

jim_l

OK people, it has done 1100 miles in the last 4 years, 7000 in my near 15-year ownership, it has to go. I can account for 10k of spend on it, 8k of that could be called ‘upgrade’, 2k in ‘just replacing old bits’. MOT’d in June.

These are flattering pictures,  I will supply more pictures to interested parties

C20XE on 45mm Jenvey throttle bodies and an MBE  956 ECU*, producing 192 Bhp (NMS)

QED 42h cams (Hydraulic, very mild lift from standard), Piper Vernier pulleys, QED con rod bolts. 

Dry Sump System with Braided hoses, SBD tank, Ali fittings.

SBD HD clutch, bearing etc, (a few years ago but <5000mls)

Light Flywheel.

Quaife 3.82 LSD, Type 9 gearbox with original ratios I think, 1st is very short.

SBD Designed BTB 4-2-1 exhaust (cost £1150 12 years ago)  

Front brakes are Wilwood Midilite Calipers with Mintex Pads

Rear drum brakes are the 9” version (RS2000)

Other upgraded bits:

JK Seats & Pads

Protech shocks specified by, and with full set up by, Procomp.

Westfield Ali Uprights & Hubs.

Front antiroll bar, Quick rack

Coolex alloy radiator (70mm core) with Revotec pull fan on electronic fan controller.

Fuel Swirl Pot system (squeezed in to retain the AA composites Boot Box)

Carbon bits include the cycle wings, dash, aero screen. mirrors, tunnel covers and sill covers.

The wheel arch protectors are 3m carbon effect and the boot box is fibreglass.

The documentation of the set up at Procomp shows the car weighing 565 Kg,

Comes with a box of hoarded detail of the life of the car, from the chassis order in ’91, the body order in ’93.

*Will include the Racetech serial to USB adaptor for windows 10 Easimap connection

It could take wider rear wheels than most SEiW cars I have seen (though most people wouldn’t) the rear arches appear to be wider than similar cars, the width having been added before coating.  

The internals of screen wash and wipers are still in the car and working. It comes with the screen fillet, pillars and wipers, the screen frame is untidy though, needs attention, and mirrors.  I have the spare wheel carrier for it also.

Price - Now reduced to £9,950. 

image.png.adeca45aadc28a69767759448c812298.png

image.png.cf93a5aa845dc58556937ce45b9eb4cc.pngimage.png.221dd06c6c510006b9c62439e8306862.pngimage.png.d087f411cab290709129b763871ebc01.png

• Like 1

Some things: 

I would greatly appreciate, and not be offended by, input from people on the Ad, and the price. PM me if you wish. All input welcome but particularly keen to hear from those with longer involvement with the club and/or recent experience of selling one. 

I would greatly appreciate input from anyone that has sold one recently, on the best place to sell. 

If there is any interest on here please register that, with or without offering. I think that most members are here because they already have one, so will market it elsewhere quite soon. 

In the next couple of days I will add a pdf with more pictures and detail. 

Thanks all,  Jim. 

To be clear, the engine is 1992, the car was registered in 1994, originally 1300cc.

One  more very flattering picture..

FromIpad7.png

Nice Jim, I think your bang on with the price. I'm a 2nd time Redtop owner with a more developed power plant, love mine to bits.  GLWS

• Like 1

Nice car this. Do you have pictures of the fuel swirl pot system by any chance? Thanks 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Nice car this. Do you have pictures of the fuel swirl pot system by any chance? Thanks 😊

Swirl.jpg.b7ea33bfe255325dfd9d6a643f8867d2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• jim_l changed the title to SEiW C20XE on TB's, 1994 on a Q Plate -Reduced to £9,950

Good look with the sale Jim, I've seen this car in the flesh and it a well sorted car 10k is a bargain, 

I sold mine trough face book market place linked to all the kit car clubs. Not sure if it helped to sell mine but I did a few videos walk round etc.

I think things have slowed down with the selling, maybe best to hold on to it another year and try again. 

Tony

1 hour ago, wizzer said:

Good look with the sale Jim

Thanks Tony,  It is on Piston Heads (and linked to one FB Group) up to now, there seem to be a growing number on the market and there is a lot of economic uncertainty around for people to be spending 10k on toys.  No big thing if I still have it next year, costs me less than £300 to tax (for the spring and summer) and insure.   

Jim

I'll have to broaden the FB kit car groups it is connected to, when I work out how to do that. 

• jim_l changed the title to SOLD! SEiW C20XE on TB's, 1994 on a Q Plate

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.