• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

New PC

Buzz Billsberry

Well I knew it was easy to build a PC so I did it and I'm on it now and it ain't fallen over yet after 36 hours of running.

I am now the proud owner of a 3.2 Athlon with 1Gb mem,dvd.dvd/CD burner Top graphics,floppy and Card reader for me Digi camera. All for the princely sum of £429.89!! plus bought me a 17" Iiyama Prolite flat screen and its fantastic

Apologies for having a 'throb' over this,but I didn't realise how easy it was!. Even tho' I've worked in IT for years a lot of people said its an easy process and believe me it is..saved a fortune plus I did get the software free so I have save a few bob there

TTFN

Buzz :D a happy surfer

saved a fortune plus I did get the software free so I have save a few bob there

Who the hell pays for software anyway? :0:0

Which suppliers did you find to be cheapest for hardware buzz?

Scruffy

You obviously don't work in the software industry.

Perhaps car parts should be free too?

Andy

Car parts tend to work with each other as intended (and quite often not as intended), but if your offering me some free parts, i'll pm you my address :D:D:D

Most of the software i use is free anyway, and the stuff that isn't tends to come from microsoft so i don't feel i'm really cheating anyone, except bill gates and he deserves it :D

Scruffy

So it's ok to steal, as long as you do it from rich people?

Andy

Something like that.

I download music and films as well and have no problem with that either, but then i also tend to buy the vinyl of artists i like and go see the odd film in the cinema.  If i couldn't use word without paying for it (for example) i would probably just switch to linux and use something free instead.  I do buy software I deem worthy of buying, but lining multinationals pockets, when they have questionable attitudes to monopolies and choice is not my idea of a good way to spend a student loan.

Scruffy

You obviously don't work in the software industry.

Andy

Certainly do work in the software industry only for the last 3 months tho' before that I was involved in the network side of IT.....I now work for a CAD company marketing/selling interoperability software,translators and other related products to the motorsport industry, automotive and aerospace That's why the software was free :D

I used a local supplier via the company  and got all the top end stuff at a good price.. I'm happy!!

As for car parts I can obtain them at a very special rate but nothing to do with kit cars!! but I can get hold of race braking systems direct from the manufacturer!!!...

Ref Stealing from the rich

It is in some cases, it is good to steal the rich.Especially when u see some of margins companies sorry Norton,MS  and the rest of the bandits make. And don't go on about development costs blah balh blah as this doesn't stand up. its sold on what the market will stand+10% trust me I get involved with this every working day whinge over roll on Croft!!

Regards

Buzz

LOL you've reminded me of this now.

If microsoft made cars

For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive, but would run on only five percent of the roads.

The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

Oh yeah, and last but not least . . . you'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!