New member says Hi

Bozothenutter

Hi!

Future Westfield owner from Holland here, Seven type cars have always been my dream cars.

A recent death in the family has shown me that life is not a rehearsal, so a Westfield it is!

Choice is not big in NL (only about 9 for sale atm!).

Still in the information sponge phase, so learning about the cars, versions etc.

• Like 5

Welcome :ww:

• Like 1

Welcome and good luck with the search! 👍

• Like 1

Hi Bozo :ww: hope the search for a car goes well.

• Like 1

Welcome from a soggy Scotland.

Fire away with any questions and happy hunting.

I don’t know about the import procedure, but might be worth looking into as if you can and your happy to live with rhd adding the Uk market would give you wider choice

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Seen a nice looking FW300 here.

Am I right in assuming this is basically a SEiW with the OPC 1.6 motor?

Any particulars to look out for ? (These being factory built cars)

Pictures would help, the FW300 name seems to get used sometimes for a variety of versions of what are really just FW’s.

The Sport Turbo UK or Euro versions isn’t just an SEiW, as well as the 1.6 turbo Vauxhall engine, it has an entirely unique chassis and bodywork. Even the Weather gear was specific to the model. Though I think towards the end, they started using the same tall side screens as the regular range.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Pictures would help, the FW300 name seems to get used sometimes for a variety of versions of what are really just FW’s.

The Sport Turbo UK or Euro versions isn’t just an SEiW, as well as the 1.6 turbo Vauxhall engine, it has an entirely unique chassis and bodywork. Even the Weather gear was specific to the model. Though I think towards the end, they started using the same tall side screens as the regular range.

This is the car:

a330cc64-54ec-4368-87e5-b5878cb652ae-fb4

a330cc64-54ec-4368-87e5-b5878cb652ae-c67

a330cc64-54ec-4368-87e5-b5878cb652ae-33b

a330cc64-54ec-4368-87e5-b5878cb652ae-0a7

It's being sold as a FW300, while looking for FW300 on the 'net throws up mostly French sites, where they mention ST1-2-3versions, main difference being the change to Mazda boxes.

• Like 2

Yep, that’s a Euro spec Sport Turbo, correctly also known especially in Europe as the FW300.

So it is a completely different car to an SEiW, though there are quite a few common (minor) parts.

The tub/rear panel, scuttle and boot lid are unique Sport Turbo (ST) items. The bonnet/nose I think might be common with the SEiW FW version. The chassis is unique to the ST, the dashboard mouldings etc along with some transmission tunnel mouldings/trim were unique ST parts. The engine and management are unique To the ST. The windscreen and any side screens were originally unique to the ST, being taller and slightly more raked back, but they became quite often used in builds of regular SEiWs. The feast of the weather gear, (with the exception of half hoods) were unique to the ST. The (cosmetic) roll bar again, originally unique to the ST, as it’s height increased to go with the windscreen, was eventually sold with all Westfield models as an option.

Brakes, uprights, wishbones, anti roll bars, were I believe all standard Westfield parts, too, as was the diff and gearbox, along with the prop. Lights and seats are again, common items across the range.

Fuel tank and pump, I’m not sure, I’d be guessing if I said I thought they might be common to the FW SEiW.

The beauty of the Euro FW300/Sport Turbo model is it was homologated as a low volume production car. (It’s never been possible for the public to buy it as a kit). So it’s much more accessible for European buyers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that   when you say the chassis is different,  in what way?

I'm assuming it has IRS?

Woukd the plethora of aftermarket upgrades work on this?