Newby from kent

David hall

Hi everyone looking to buy my first westfield and I've recently put a deposite down on a fw duratec from toybox and will be heading up there soon to view the car once they have finished tinkering with it. Has anyone on here experienced buying a car from them and can share there experience with me. Also how many on here are from the South east. Im near Ashford and don't see many westfield about. Come to think of it I don't really see any kit cars in general 

• Like 3

Welcome David :t-up:

there’s several members in the Kent area and the member map will help you find some of those closest to you.

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/communitymap/

Although these’s not a specific Kent area in the club right now several of the members make the journey to the Essex meets and some of these monthly meets and runs out have taken place over the border in Kent.

• Like 1

Hi David

Welcome to the club lot's of members have bought from ToyBox and have been generally happy with the service.

There are a good few members in and around Ashford area. I live in Dartford and go out on regular blatts with them.

I'll message you with some details if you want.

Best regards

Barry

• Like 1

Hi and welcome!

I live a mile or so from Toybox and my current car was bought from them in 2020. Andrew and Dale are good guys and it's a no pressure sales environment.

The cars they sell are always cosmetically very good. In terms of mechanicals, please bear in mind that no matter how well prepared they are they are still kit cars (built in someones shed!) so you can get some niggles but Toybox are very helpful should anything go wrong.

I have loads of mates with Toybox cars and you will hear very positive things, but you do pay a premium over a private purchase.

I've been very happy with mine.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I missed your post. Also in Kent. Look forward to meeting up in the cars

• Like 1

Welcome David,

To echo Rob's comments, yes you pay more than a private sale but you also get follow up service too. Andrew and Dale are a great team with over 1300 Westfield sales so know what is a good base car which they then do their Toybox thing to.

I had a couple of niggles that showed up 3-6 months after I bought the car, all sorted by phone for the technical or me buying local and refunded immediately. Since then I have often called Andrew or Dale up to ask technical advice and or supplier info, super guys.

Happy smiles per mile

• Like 1

Hi and welcome!

I bought my first car from Toybox.

As Rob has said cosmetically it was great however when I'd had it a while I had multiple mechanical issues, even though the car I bought was originally factory built.

I did contact Andrew after my first major issue and he was approachable and offered to repair if I wanted to return the car. I declined this as it was an 80 mile drive, however sort of regretted it as I ended up with the engine and gearbox out within a week of ownership, (all my fault as Andrew had offered). In fairness to Toybox they aren't psychics but if you can I would take someone who knows a bit about Westfield's with you.

I've just bought another privately off this forum and to me it's a rough diamond, but that's part of the appeal of Westfield ownership, they're like the forth bridge, each is an expression of personal taste.

Sorry for war and peace, but you'll love it!