Westfield 2001 Speedsport 1800 - SOLD

Marcus S.

2001 Westfield SpeedSport widebody in Chrome Yellow

Here is an incredibly well sorted and looked after car which I have owned it since Nov 2018. Unfortunately, a new Lotus Elise in my life forces sale. The car has a comprehensive folder of history including the original build manual.

The car has been kept garaged and never taken out in the wet during my ownership. It’s over 20 years old now and there are a few minor marks and scratches. Sorry the car isn't clean in the pictures - wasn't sure in the current drought conditions if it was still OK to wash your car!

1.thumb.jpg.2093d455fccf9363d204052575494c71.jpg

Current mileage is 12,600.  The car is MOT until April 2023 also. On last MOT there were no advisories.

Engine:

1.8 Ford Zetec Silvertop

Jenvey throttle bodies

156 Bhp – Remapped at Snetterton SpeedShop

Wrapped exhausted manifold

New NGK platinum spark plugs

Gear box:

Brand New MT75 five speed gearbox (inc. new slave clutch cylinder installed which helps to future proof the car) – installed May 2022. 

Short shift fitted

New clutch master cylinder installed - May 2022

Mechanicals:

Willwood front brake calliper upgrades including new drilled brake discs all around and new Yellow Stuff brake pads all around

Reconditioned front anti-roll bar

Reconditioned Ford front wheel hubs

New track rod ends

New ball joints

New rear wheel bearings

New steering rack mounting

New battery

New Bosch fuel filter

All liquids changed

New Protech adjustable suspension all around from Westfield  

Interior:

Momo quick release steering wheel

Westfield self-cancelling indicator fitted – essential item! 😊

Heater

Willians safety belts

Bespoke ‘Bentley Style’ stitched blue leather interior and new carpets - £1,200 cost last year!

Exterior:

New 15" Cades Eros Black Wheels (including spare wheel)

Nearly new 195/50/15 (VR) TOYO R888R Tyres

Any questions – just ask.  The car is located in HP17 (Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire boarder). Price wise I’m looking for £11,500 ono.

8.jpg

Inked9_LI.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spent almost an entire afternoon with a potential buyer yesterday including a half hour test drive.  Agreed a price (reluctantly) and was told he'd send full payment today. 

Just had text from him this morning saying he has to pull out as he apparently "hadn't discussed it with his partner first"... 😕

• Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Cosworthlee said:

Does anyone actually ask their partner 🤷‍♀️

Happy wife, happy life. 

• Like 1

• Marcus S. changed the title to Westfield 2001 Speedsport 1800

I used the correct original Ford one which is now, quite literally, impossible to find.  If you search the forum someone recently created a workaround to fit another type of Ford slave cylinder to the MT75 box. 

5 hours ago, Marcus S. said:

I used the correct original Ford one which is now, quite literally, impossible to find.  If you search the forum someone recently created a workaround to fit another type of Ford slave cylinder to the MT75 box. 

Thanks @Marcus S.  I was involved in that thread. Hence my question - was wondering if you had found a different solution. 

• Marcus S. changed the title to Westfield 2001 Speedsport 1800 - SOLD

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.