Zetec 130 cams

nre

OK Clanger, I'm whispering....

Checked my cams last night, I get:

exhaust: 0-1100

inlet: 0-0011

It's a Jan 95 engine

Going on your description, one cam fits into the 'upto 95MY', the other cam fits into the 'upto 98MY'.  Sounds a bit odd, but hopefully I've got the 130 cams which is the important thing!!

Cheers,

Neil

Neil,

The cams are good for 130BHP.

Your exhaust cam (0-1100) was ground from a 1993 casting (which was fitted upto 95 ModelYear engines)

Your inlet cam (0-0011) was ground from a 1995 casting (which was fitted upto 98 Modelyear engines)

All the best :t-up:

• 1 month later...

OK,

Now I`m confused.

I`ve been trying to identify my 1800 ZETEC to work out what power rating it is.  The engine number cannot be made out, and I can`t find any stampings on the head (where should they be?) so I decided to follow clangers advice and check out the casting rings on the cams.

Following the codes I get:

In-let - 1-0010

Exhaust - 0-1010

This suggests I have a 130BHP inlet cam on the exhaust and vice versa????  Anyone got any ideas?

I am told the unit came out of a 1992 Orion Ghia (not sure if it was SI or not).  Anyideas how I can identify it?

Cheers,

Mat

• 4 years later...
The correct way to ID the cams you have is using the method Ford itself uses for ID of the cam castings.

I'll try to explain:

Each cam is given a cast ring code which is used at the factory to enable the machines to identify which cam is being ground. The cams are ground in batches, and the machines are able to self adjust for each batch.

With your cam sitting in front of you, and the oil seal diameter to your left identify the following:

To the left of the pair of lobes for No1 cylinder should be rough cast daimeter. This diameter may or may not contain a rough cast concentric ring. If it does it is signified by a 1 if not it is signified by a 0.

Moving onto pair of lobes of No2 cylinder the rough cast diameter will have no cast concentric rings for any cam. This is signified by a dash -.

Onto No3 lobes. The  area to the left can contain up to two concentric cast rings. Working from left to right in this area.

No rings = the code 00

1 ring to the left of this area = the code 10

1 ring to the right of this area = the code 01

Two rings in this area = the code 11.

With me ?

Onto the last pair of lobes for cylinder No4:

Same as No3, ie. The area to the left can contain up to two concentric cast rings. Working from left to right in this area.

No rings = the code 00

1 ring to the left of this area = the code 10

1 ring to the right of this area = the code 01

Two rings in this area = the code 11.

So for upto a 95 Model year engine

inlet 1.8 (130ps) and 2.0(140ps) camshaft code will be:

0-1010

exhaust 1.8 (130ps) and 2.0(140ps) camshaft code will be:

0-1100

So for upto a 98 Model year engine

inlet 1.8 (130ps) and 2.0(140ps) camshaft code will be:

0-0011

ex 1.8 (130ps) and 2.0(140ps) camshaft code will be:

1-0010

Confused ????????????????

I am

Cheers

I am in the process of tryin to identify my friends cams from his 2003 factory built 1.8 Zetec Westfield

I came up with these codes

1-1101 Inlet

1-1011 Exhaust

but they done appear in the list ?!?

can someone ( poss Clanger ) or anyone please tell me what they are ?

Many Thanks

Do a google images search, there's visual identification on t'internet from a number of sites just remember that the original 130ps cams and the 2.0l cams are different to look at and apparently offer slightly different performance.