• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Zetec / Type 9

Ragtop

Problem I now have is I can't fit the exhaust level as the manifold outlet is pointing up too much. Any suggestions anyone? Did you have the same problem Matt?

Gareth.

Nop exhaust fitted in the same place.  ???

OK, thanks Matt, I didn't think it should make that much difference. Guess I could have a duff manifold (outlet is pointing towards the top of the rear wheel), I was going to exchange it anyway.

I am slightly concerned that the mt75 mounting plate is about 25/30mm higher than the bolted t9 one and if it might cause a nose down engine

Anyone got any comments or advice please ???

Raceline have fabricated a T9 gearbox SS bracket for installing the T9 box in a MT75 chasiss, it does require removal of the formentioned plate, but does lower the whole plant. It's fitted in my SEiw, result is no unnecessary stress on the prop shaft universal joints which IMHO should not be recommended, but I'm here to be shot at.

Why butcher the bellhousing when you can do it cleanly and lower engine, exhaust, gearbox and basically all of the weight ???  ???  ???  ???

Ian

It's fitted in my SEiw, result is no unnecessary stress on the prop shaft universal joints

How's the plate fitted; a weld-in job, or bolted in through the chassis...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is the type9 mount a westfield only part or is it a standard Ford part, if so can anyone supply a part number for it, either Ford or Q.H.

I am also interested in this Raceline bracket, any chance of posting any images and/or more details.

Gadgetman and Rob Marshall. You simply cut out the Westfield fabricated plate with hacksaw or grinder and rest on the chasiss strutts directly in it's place this stainless steel U bracket. You then drill through the chassis strutts and bolt 4 no. M6 bolts and nylocs, bobs your uncle.

It lowers the whole application by about 25/30mm as needed.

Raceline sell their patented part.

If anyone wants to e-mail me I'll happily by return e-mail back a couple of pictures of this part and work done on my seiw. I not sure how to do it on here. Unless someone can help.

Ian

986.jpeg

Hope this comes out ok, as it's a photo of a print, also hope it's not too big.

The two middle pictures show the modifications to the gerabox mounting plate, if anyone interested in the others it shows the Duratec engine mounts.

Cheers

Ian