Amazing day at work

cast iron

So I goes to work yesterday and our PR department give me a ring and ask me if I would like to come down to our main reception for a photo shoot with Colin Mcrae in our Dakar Pickup truck. it was apparently to do with me taking part in a copetition to guess the wining time. Well I couldnt say no. I go down to reception where the truck is open and all the parafanalia is set up for visitors. The PR women tells them I'm here. They kick everyone out shut the truck up Colin jumps in and fires it up and drives it out of reception, I think the photos must be outside. The PR woman tells me to get in as I'm off to the test track!!! Your kiding I say, No No she says off you go and enjoy yourself. All I can say is what a morning, makes going to work worth getting up for ;)  :D  ;)  :D  :blues:

Excellent !!!  Most jealous !!

Years ago, mum used to have a customer who worked for Ford Motorsport in Boreham.  She was trying to arrange for me to have a ride round the test track there in a works rally car (Sierra Cosworths at the time) but it all fell apart because the customer told her that unfortunately "there were no drivers available".

It was only some months later that she found out that he meant there were no *works* drivers available !!  I think he was trying to line up a ride with the likes of Carlos Sainz or McRae when they were next at Boreham !!   :0

I ended up having a day at Brands Hatch instead, and excellent fun it was too, but I've always wondered what it would be like to ride with a proper rally driver...

You lucky, lucky b******* ! :sheep:

Less of the Lucky Lucky  :D

It was good fun

Colin was told to go round the outside perimiter road but he spotted the off road section, he smashed through the cones and headed straight for the 45 degree 10 foot high humpback bridge type thingy we took straight off the top, I thought he had broke my back when we landed, but those Dakar machines are built like Sherman tanks (appart from the weight)

We then went on to destroy the shale section, scare the hell out of the press (set it sideways on the straight as we went past them) Then we emptied the watersplash. (I could of quite easily filled it back up!;):D  ;)  :D

You should be ashamed of yourself.   I think I'm going to grass you up to the tax man, a morning like that is bound to cost!

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Jealous, me?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Closest I can come to that was a press day at Gaydon to celebrate the Mini's birthday.   I had lunch with Paddy Hopkirk, Stirling Moss, John Chapman to name drop but a few :D and then went out onto the proving grounds to drive the first ever mini, the Monte Carlo rally winning one, and loads more.   On top of that, I had what was then the top of the range Range Rover to drive to the event in.   Why did I ever give up Photography?

?????????

Years ago, mum used to have a customer who worked for Ford Motorsport in Boreham.  She was trying to arrange for me to have a ride round the test track there in a works rally car (Sierra Cosworths at the time) but it all fell apart because the customer told her that unfortunately "there were no drivers available".

Interesting. An ex of mine used to work for Stuart Turner..... and I did get to go round Boreham. An RS200, driven by the late Mark Lovell, and a squirt around the rally section in a works Cossie, piloted by Stig Blomqvist......

It's why track days bore me........

We (the Welsh Wizard and I) were nearly run over by Stirling Moss on his moped. Does that count? :)

Andy

It's why track days bore me........

And here's me and Andy thinking you were bored on trackdays cuz you had your eyes closed most of the time!

:p  :D  :p  :D  :p  :D

I'm just bored at work, we're not really ganging up on you Blatters :D

It must be Friday, I never could get the hang of Fridays...

:)

Andy