Bondy

Well I've bit the bullet and purchased my first Westfield 7. I've loved the look of them years and finally had the funds, after selling my MGB, to scratch the 7 itch.

Mine car is a 2004 new build SEIW 1800cc Zetec injection, dark blue, 2 owner with just 4300 miles on the clock. First impressions were, bl**** hell the rides a bit harsh and running like a wet fart at lower revs. I've adjusted the suspension so rides a lot better on our naff pot holed roads. The wet fart running I'm putting down to car having been stored for quite a while and having stale fuel. I'm putting in decent high ron fuel with some snake oil injector cleaner with the hope that'll clear itself.  

Ta

Bondy.

• Like 2

Welcome from South Derbyshire 👍 

Are you coming to Stoneleigh at the weekend to show it off?

Welcome!

All blue is good. 😊 

• Haha 2

Welcome 👍

btw yeller is best 😀 as for the ride check your tyre pressures, around 18psi is good 👍

Welcome, pretty sure black is the new blue but then I would say that 😊, hope you enjoy the car and get out and about this summer.

Welcome don't judge her yet, as with all kit cars you can fine tune and adapt her to be your own, then the love affair starts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got any pictures?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a paid up member.

I'll try get some pictures uploaded soonest.

I've been out on a couple trips and it's great fun. I'm still getting fluffy running/misfire at around 2800-3000, so my first question is..... how do you get hold of MBE ecu type 967 software as I've tried all my local tuning company's non them have it. I'd like to make sure the mapping is set up correctly and to see if it's throwing up any error codes. A couple of company's have said if get the software they could tune it on the rolling road.

So just to clarify it's a 2004 build with a fuel injected 1.8 silver top zetec.

Bondy.

Down in the Test Valley in Hampshire

SBD have the archive copies I believe. Though you may get a later firmware 967 going with the later Easimap6 which is a free download, I believe. 

Half a mo!

Thanks Dave, It looks like easimap6 is the free down load. I'll need to get serial-usb lead and hopefully get one of the local tuning company's to fettle it as reading all info made my brain hurt.

And here's a picture of my Westy along my other steed.

IMG_20220612_130452.jpg

• Like 3