Sold - Limited edition Westfield SEIW Speedsport 1.8l zetec.

fildyke

Limited edition Westfield SEIW Speedsport 1.8l zetec. Privately built and first registered on an age related plate in 1999.

15100 miles from new. 12 months MOT with no advisories. 

Speedsports were a limited edition in the late 1990s which had a few additional performance related upgrades over the standard kit. There were also a couple of visual differences being a recessed scuttle where the airbox and heater sat and the ducted nose cone.

I’m the 3rd owner and bought the car in 2007 with around 7000 miles on the clock. This was my first Westfield and I spent ages finding the right one which had a good history and the right spec. I have fettled the car over the 15 years of my ownership. No serious upgrades just minor improvements on the original plus regular servicing of the fluids, filters, plugs etc every couple of years.

There is a comprehensive folder of history and the original build manual with copious notes and info about how the car was built/upgraded.

This would be an ideal first westy for someone, it starts first time even after being garaged for over 18 months and has always been ultra-reliable. Its quick enough, I’ve never done a power test but would estimate 150 ish bhp and has some really nice upgrades such as the AP racing front brake setup, Trax Spax adjustable shocks all round, front and rear ARBs and the various Raceline upgrades listed below. It’s not a track weapon and is a really comfortable ride on the road but the various upgrades mean that on the odd occasions I have used it on track it performed brilliantly, especially through the twisty bits. 

The 1.8l zetec slivertop engine was refurbed and upgraded by scholar before it was installed and revs freely up to the 6500 limiter. It’s mated to an MT75 gearbox which is a pleasure to use, the quickshift gives it a nice short throw and is ultra positive and the clutch is nice and light.  There is a very small weep of oil from the front of the engine, probably the crankshaft seal but very minor. Its never caused me any concern and otherwise it uses no oil at all.  

Always garaged and never taken out in the wet by choice hence there is little or no rust anywhere on the chassis so for a 23 year old car it’s in excellent condition all round, inside and out. There are a few minor marks and the odd scratch but very little crazing or cracking of the gel coat which is testament to the quality of the early panels. The full spec is as follows:

Engine

·       1.8l zetec silver top engine, rebuilt by Scholar which included some cylinder head work, new flywheel and ARP rod bolts.

·       MT75 5 speed gearbox with quickshift.

·       Jenvey Throttle Bodies

·       Raceline Water rail which tidies up the engine bay

·       Raceline shallow sump

·       New Varley Redtop race battery.

·       Cambelt, tensioners etc replaced 2018

·       Silicon hoses (ASH or Samco).

·       Braided fuel pipes in engine bay

·       Scorpion Alarm/immobiliser

·       MBE 956 ECU incl leads, software etc

·       New Pipercross air filter

Braking/Suspension/drivetrain

·       AP racing 4 pot front brake calipers with vented/drilled discs and Green Stuff pads. I have to say that the braking is superb and always amazes me how quickly it stops.

·       Rose jointed Trax Spax adjustable shocks all round.

·       Geo set up in 2018.

·       Independent rear suspension and Limited Slip Diff.

·       Playskool upgraded polybushes all round.

·       Front and rear ARBs.

Bodywork

·       Red ZK wide body, speedsport edition

·       Ducted nosecone

·       Unmarked 15inch alloys with Toyo R1R tyres all round with plenty of tread plus spare.

·       Standard floor with Fully carpeted interior.

·       4 point harnesses

·       Full wet weather gear (never used by me)

·       Full tonneau and boot box cover

·       Sports seats on runners with red piping (as new replacements fitted in 2020)

·       Carbon effect stoneguards

·       Heater recently reconditioned.

·       Integrated LED DRL and front indicators

I’ll be sad to see it go as it’s been part of the family for over 15 years but for various reasons it’s just not being used so it’s time for someone else to enjoy it. For its age I doubt you will find one in better condition or in such original spec and I’m confident it will give many more years of fun and enjoyment to someone. 

i'm planning to take it to Stoneleigh on Sunday if anyone is going and wants to see it in the flesh. 

I’m looking for offers over £12,000. 

thanks for looking

Phil

1798588241_westypic.jpg.48f44382a1dd213c1389a3d5cad7940e.jpg

20220101_140039.thumb.jpg.c3e0a15f94c6c0aaae54bd34ff9ecf9b.jpg

20220101_140605.thumb.jpg.bcdc6b8d04b1e7896bab0f55c606d2d2.jpg

20220101_140510.thumb.jpg.3beab8a8aab708d636b5cea8ce4b8f14.jpg20220422_154532.thumb.jpg.9c7e0fff88da198e40d89214ba52f194.jpg20220422_154558.thumb.jpg.189323246a43d9686ae6ece131c51795.jpg

20220425_132713.thumb.jpg.ab0c8b0974a66b4ea5919c317e178370.jpg

• Like 2

• fildyke changed the title to Limited edition Westfield SEIW Speedsport 1.8l zetec.

Just sent you a PM 🏎️

• Like 1

• fildyke changed the title to Sold - Limited edition Westfield SEIW Speedsport 1.8l zetec.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.