• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

phaze 5

Stu Parker

Well, it’s a US product, so probably not.  It contains “diminishing abrasives”, whatever they are, so perhaps a bit like T-Cut.  If you have it, I’d suggest testing it somewhere inconspicuous to limit possible damage (like inside the boot box, etc.) before moving onto major body panels.

(Besides, some Americans are dodgy people.  I can provide club witnesses who can verify.)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

"diminishing abrasives”

The abrasive particles that make up the cutting compound are designed to brake down, becoming steadily less harsh/abrasive as you work the compound. The idea is that it gets steadily less aggressive at cutting the paint/grp surface, so essentially combines a harsh and medium or medium/fine compound in one bottle, it can save the number of products and steps needed; sometimes instead of three, two will do, or if it's a less agressive compound to start with, it may be that it's the only cutting compound required.

well i will find out what its like this week i called in at chemical guys uk and they said it would be fine..