• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Vx 2.0l to type 9

colnagowetdream

I know this has been probably been asked a few times before but...

What clutch driven plate do I need for this application, the Westfield build manual stipulates a Vx clutch cover, a Ford release bearing and clutch fork and the killer bit "driven plate, Westfield part No 3242001". Is this a Ford part or the standard Vx part??

Your help is greatly appreciated

Russ

Russ, i have used a 1.9Diesel Galaxy plate, it will stick out from the pressure plate by about 1mm but this will be ok (cant remember the diameter of top of head)

Glen

I ordered a 2.3D plate and it was wrong diameter (to wide) because thats what i thought i needed..... so my local factors sent it back and reordered it and it was wrong again :arse:  

But they come up with the Galaxy plate, so dont know what happened there???

Glen.

It *might* be dependant on what type flywheel you have fitted, flat or pot type?

:D Honestly havent got a clue what is fitted to mine, a mate who owns a garage bought a job lot of clutch plates-I just had a route through his stock until I found one that was suitable.... :t-up: