• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Speed Series Results 2022 - Anglesey (R2 & R3)

Tigger

Thanks to Tigger for his hard work and dedication in bringing us these results.

But they do highlight a curiosity. As my class (W2) is poorly supported - I was the only speed series entrant - if I went round at walking pace, or beat Terry by 10 seconds, I'd still get 100 points. So effectively I'm awarded points for turning up rather than my performance.

I'm not complaining, I do realise that having a fair points scoring system is nigh on impossible. 

• Thanks 1

What is even more frustrating is that W2 has the most registered drivers.

2 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

What is even more frustrating is that W2 has the most registered drivers.

There's been 2 events so far this season. There are still plenty more events in the season. Our car isn't quite ready yet, and I bet we're not the only ones.

1 hour ago, Alex Gaskin said:

There's been 2 events so far this season. There are still plenty more events in the season. Our car isn't quite ready yet, and I bet we're not the only ones.

If I'm ready for Blyton I will be lucky. 

On 07/04/2022 at 08:37, Richard Houlgate said:

Thanks to Tigger for his hard work and dedication in bringing us these results.

But they do highlight a curiosity. As my class (W2) is poorly supported - I was the only speed series entrant - if I went round at walking pace, or beat Terry by 10 seconds, I'd still get 100 points. So effectively I'm awarded points for turning up rather than my performance.

I'm not complaining, I do realise that having a fair points scoring system is nigh on impossible. 

Richard

The issue is you need min two entrants in each class on the day to score more than 100 points!

Glutey

• Thanks 1