• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Certificate of Newness

Steve R

Probably a stupid question but...

Do I need a certificate of newness, signed by Westfield, if I intend to register my car on a Q-plate?  Is this form only required if you're trying to get a current reg number?  I've read all the gubbins from the DVLA but am still confused.

Being that none of my main components are exactly new (even the chassis dates back to 1987) I've assumed that I proabbaly don't need one.  Is this right?

Thanks,

Steve.

Not needed for Q plate  :D  ;)

Thanks!

Only 99 other forms to fill in to get the thing registered then! (well it feels that way! ).

Has anyone been able to get hold of their local vehicle licensing office directly?  I'm getting really frustrated by being diverted to Swansea every time.  All I want to do is discuss with them whether they want to inspect my car or not!  Do I really have to write to them?!

:bangshead:

just for your infor i got new reg back in 1992 without cert of newnest from westfield has long as you can supply all you billsyou may be ok, my local DVLA actually rather me have new reg and went out there way to help.back then you still had to pay car tax therefore hadto send details to the tax office ,they wanted the cert but the DVLA wrote them a e,mail and sorted it all out.maybe i was just lucky give your local one a ring and see what they say. :D