• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

alternator type

CrashBangWallop

Good afternoon people,

My alternator recently snapped at one of the bolts and I need a replacement.  I took it to a couple of local auto shops but, they could find me a replacement because it was a recon unit and had no serial markings to identify it.  Although, the sales-person kept saying, "I've seen 'em before, I just can't remember the code 'cause they've all changed." :bangshead:

Therefore,  does anyone know a part number (or whatever) for an alternator to fit a 1.6 CVH - SEiW.  It attachs to the left of my engine and has two bolts, front and rear bottom-right, and one front, top-right.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neal my alternator went last year and was a nightmare to resolve but in the end i got the alternator from LUCAS part no: LRA376alternator/T.

I had problems with the engine mount getting in the way as the design of the alternator is slightly different. This is easy to overcome by changing to a smaller belt so that it doesnt have quite as much adjustment on the alternator.

The belt i used was from Halfords part no: HB700a. All in it cost me about £60 inc VAT.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Si

I used a 1.1lt CVH alternator for mine where space is at a premium (sorry i dont have a Part Number). As mentioned above i also used a shorter belt. But i had to make a shorter tensioner bracket.

See Here

Hi Neil

My 1600CVH has an Alternator with the following numbers;

91H5I0300H8H2A and 9AB33**. I was reading these upside down with a mirror so they may be backwards (if you know what I mean).

If you want me to recheck when Im sober let me know! :D

Like Si I had to experiment with the belt length and finally settled on TBF 725 10.

Hope this helps.

Rob

And here was me thinking I could just dump the old one on the counter and go, "Give me a new one, mate."

I have a FORD main dealer pretty close to me, as well.  I'll try dumping it on their desk, too.

Never that easy, is it?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Neil

Sorry to adda bit on but, does it matter what the amp's are?  I've currently got a 45 amp unit.  Is there a min/max limit?

Thanks,

Neil

45amps should be fine. It'd be nice to have a bit more (50-60). I wouldn't like to run with much less than 45amps......