Cambridge Area re-start meeting

chazpowerslide

Ahhhh first evening off since Sunday!!!!!

Thanks to all those that came to the Cambridge Area re-start meeting, a total of 18 members and partners and 5 Westies swelled the numbers at the White Horse in Milton on Sunday 15th Feb

For all those who could'nt attend here is a brief summary (which I'll also put into a letter for all the area members)

The following was (loosely) agreed upon;

Meetings to be held every four weeks on Sundays venue (if different from below) to be confirmed here shortly after the previous meeting IYSWIM.

Weather permitting we'll meet at Tesco car park in Milton Cambridge at noon for a quick blat (route to be led by a different member each meeting) with the final destination (pub) communicated to those who want to leave out the blating bit.

Once at the post blat pub we'll have a 10 question quiz on motors and motoring in general set by the winner of the previous quiz (Thank you Martin K) with £1 being donated to the kiddies hospice in Cambridge for everybody participating.

Once we've all caught up with one another had a bite to eat and kicked a few tyres we can make our way home at our own pace.

Neil Hall has said he can help out with the creation of a CamWscc website, this is a TBA at present as we need to have some idea what's involved and what help the WSCC can provide (I'm looking into this at present) though Neil has kindly offered some if his personal web space for the time being (thanks Neil)

I will compile a list of "Helpfull Info" from as many area members that want to contribute, that will inclued things such as MOT friendly garages, cheap parts suppliers, powdercoaters ect in the area for the benifit of all who want to use it.  

Activities up and coming that will need further discussion/organisation are area attendance of Curborough, Stoneleigh, Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Goodwood Revival.

Area attendance at Bassingbourne (airfield days) and other track days is being investigated by Mark Harris (I'll give you a ring later in the week Mark) and a RR shootout was suggested at ??????Baldwins in ????????Shelford (can't remember the full name of correct location of Mr Baldwins RR)

Mark Harris has offered me his help with the organisation of the area for which I am very greatfull, we'll be in contact with one another later this week and I'll then get a letter out to you all with requests for information and further ideas.

I think we got off to a great start on Sunday and I look forward to developing the Area and meeting you all again in the months to come.

If any of you have any ideas you'd like to chat about don't hesitate to get in touch.

Chaz.

I think 10 will be ok Martin, there will be a £10 voucher on offer too for the winner.

It was good to finally meet you on Sunday.

Chaz.

Chaz

Would just like to say that Sunday was a good afternoon out for me as I have owned a westy for less than 6 months it is good to meet some like minded individuals  :D

Cheers Andrew

Andrew

Hear Hear

Blatman....note correct use of grammar this time, even for a foreigner

Sunday was a blast..especially trying to follow Chris in his Turbo Cossie, nutter westy car  :D