Tyres - slicks

stever

Any of you good ol' boys got first hand experience with these new fangled Avon radial slicks and how they compare with the old fashioned cross plys ?

I have to bear in mind that if they are too sticky then the boat anchor may have some difficulty releasing itself from the tarmac on the start line.

All relevant, useful or constructive comment appreciated.

not quite first hand experience as I can't yet afford a set myself  :(   but a couple of peeps I know (Ian Chard and Mark Budgett) say they're great - Mark said the grip from his radial slicks in damp/wet conditions was about the same as his crossply wets so he barely used them last year except when  water was actually streaming across the track  :suspect:

robbo try mr broughton he has used them and mr welsh git is going to try them i believe  :sheep:  :durr: howwwwwwwwwwwwww much there only rubber you know  :arse:  :bangshead:  and remember its a different set up with radials  :t-up:

Thanks boys - I've done it and Mr Aspden knows all about the set up.

...wet ???? - wot like 3 slappers last October when everyone turned around and went back into the paddock ?

as 2nd driver last year, i can answer for my dad here. We used Hoosiers last competition year, and yes they were sticky, however, until one has tested all manufacturers its impossible to make a good comparison.

Plus the advantage of the radials is that you can use geometric set ups.

mmmmm A539s for my car though, what a shock i am gonna get at Mallory this thursday.