Track tyres

harrypotter

Is there a ‘best’ 13in track tyre that can also be use on the road?

Not aiming to do much on the road. Not aiming to do much in the wet. 
Are the msuk applicable tyres too soft for track days? 
Sorry if the question is too vague, but hoping to do track days with the very occasional time on the road. 

Many thanks. 

For 13” rims, there’s not a lot of choice. 

I use R888R for road and track and am perfectly happy. They only let go on the road once when I was being a tad too adventurous on extremely damp and greasy roads - otherwise they are actually not bad in the wet at sensible speeds.

On track they are good in the dry, last well enough, but not so good when very wet so I have Avon CR28 for when it is raining (although an mx5 has recently taken the wet day slot for not a lot more than a new set of CR28s!). 

Can’t comment on other tyres as this is all I’ve ever used.

On 27/02/2022 at 10:05, Kingster said:

although an mx5 has recently taken the wet day slot for not a lot more than a new set of CR28s!

Wow, just looked at the price for a set, you're not kidding on the Avon's! - Around £700 for four off 205/50 15", in my case.