In the market

Mark Rs

3 hours ago, Mark Rs said:

Almost exactly the same spec as mine but a bit overpriced. Have a look at Toybox cars if you're prepared to pay £18k.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Rs said:

Almost exactly the same spec as mine but a bit overpriced. Have a look at Toybox cars if you're prepared to pay £18k.

12 hours ago, Mark Rs said:

Pretty sure that was for sale for about 13k on piston heads about a year ago.

There a tidy looking factory built hyabusa on facebook full cage etc it looks nice for 17k. That group has more cars on it come up. Worth joining

9 hours ago, SootySport said:

£15k max really, think that’s a realistic amount to be spending 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Rs said:

£15k max really, think that’s a realistic amount to be spending 👍

15k should get you what your looking for. Just have to be patient if your willing to wait some reall bargins pop up from time to time

2 hours ago, SXRORY said:

Pretty sure that was for sale for about 13k on piston heads about a year ago.

Yeah, and that's about where I'd have still priced it privately. A commercial sale, you have to add on a bit more, (thousands not hundreds), but that price is crazy.

It's got some nice bits. But not as many as you'd think for that sort of money, and some of the ones it has, while expensive to buy, like dry sump systems, are renown for adding little to the actual value of the car. To be honest, at the price offered, given the photos, and the description to go with it, I doubt I'd even go see it, (as an ex red top owner) if I was looking for another. Too much would still need doing for me, and its already priced more than one of the "done" ones, when they do come up. I'd also note that of the parts that can be seen, some aren't the optimum versions, you'd go for, given the choice. (Throttle bodies, dash, etc.)

The only exception to that would be if it was a car with a well known "record" or pedigree performance wise, in competition, that proved the value of the unseen things that had been done to it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

but that price is crazy.

Totally agree.

@Mark Rs be patient, £15k will definitely get you a very nice car with the spec you desire (or near enough) - just need to wait for one to crop up!