Membership Renewal

Nickietam

I seem to be having a problem renewing my membership.

Firstly! I did not receive a reminder or an invoice prior to expiry.

Secondly, I have not had a response to my previous query about this.

Thirdly I attempted to renew today via "Shop" but when I came to pay I was redirected to what looks like a French PayPal site.

Something seems to be amiss with the renewal/payment process.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or found a solution?

12 minutes ago, Nickietam said:

I seem to be having a problem renewing my membership.

Firstly! I did not receive a reminder or an invoice prior to expiry.

Secondly, I have not had a response to my previous query about this.

Thirdly I attempted to renew today via "Shop" but when I came to pay I was redirected to what looks like a French PayPal site.

Something seems to be amiss with the renewal/payment process.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or found a solution?

I can see the renewal invoice was sent on the 26th December - these do often end up in peoples spam folders, unfortunately though.

I can't find a previous query on record, how did you contact us? (PM me if you'd rather) I need to make sure we're not loosing messages.

I presume you used the "Manage Purchases" option; I've just tested and it went to my PayPal account as normal, any chance you could screenshot where yours is taking you, just in case there's an issue somewhere? (Again, PM is perhaps better than showing it publicly)

@Mark Redpath - WSCC Membership Secretary can of course, re-issue you the membership invoice.

We do of course try and make it as simple as possible for everyone, so your support helping resolve any glitches is much appreciated, thank you.

• Thanks 1

I’ve reissued the renewal invoice so should be able to follow the link enclosed in it 😎

• Thanks 2

Dave, thanks for your quick and helpful reply.

I tried sending you a PM but I get a pop up that says that I can only send 0 messages today.

I have checked my spam/junk boxes but can find no trace of the original renewal notice.

My initial effort to contact WSCC was using the "Contact Us" option that appears at the bottom of the web page.

You are correct that I used the "Manage Purchases" option to pay for my renewal and was redirected to a foreign PayPal site.  On closer examination it appears to be Romanian.  I have a screen shot but would not wish to post it on a public forum.  Looks suspicious to me.  A scam perhaps or something compromised somewhere?

Email me at webmaster@wscc.co.uk please with the screenshot.

As a SORNed member you are unable to send any PMs, or post anywhere but in this section.  The contact us email arrives in my inbox and I forward it to Mark for actioning.

• Like 1