Wanted V8 Westfield

Neil Preston

1 hour ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

But surely would be wired to be on when the covers down closed? Normally on aircraft the cover is down with the switch In the "normal" position and cover only up with the switch/system placed into an alternate or off position.

I’ll take your word for the aircraft angle, it makes sense. For cars they’re supplied, (when prewired) and typically seen fitted, the other way round; with the guard marketed as a safety function - a quick slap, random stab, vague push, in an emergency situation to switch off the protected circuit.

You can actually buy different versions of the covers, with moulded internals designed to close down over the switch in either position, (typically with a little window in, so that you can see the state of the switch.)

Eek that's a terrible design then. The theory behind them in aviation is 'you sure you want to do that?' Or something that will have a consequence should it be knocked inadvertently stuff like Fuel jettison, generator disconnect, flight control reversion etc. And of course the top gun type stuff. God if it were the other way round :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

I know!

But from the Demon Tweeks web site, this quote is typical of the parts designers that didn't really understand the principal, so invented a new reason for the cover to be there :bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

This metal ignition switch panel from LMA features a polished chrome finish, with engraved symbols that will not wear off and countersunk mounting holes. 5 hole configuration, including a heavy duty ignition switch with an aircraft style safety switch flip up cover (designed to turn off the ignition when the cover is closed),

• Like 1

I just used a locking toggle switches which locks in either position ( fuel and ignition). As Steve said these  types of covers are normally only used to stop inadvertent operation  of safety or emergency  circuits.

On 02/02/2022 at 12:19, Morley said:

Just seen it for sale on Facebook it’s in Bradford 

Thanks for the tip off, i have bought this car today.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 10:38, Neil Preston said:

Thanks for the info but that car is now sold.

Thanks for the tip and following other posts, i have bought this car today.

• Like 3

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.