Club Trackday Blyton Park Friday 8th July

Simon Waterfall Syman84

About to book myself and car plus three additional drivers. Hopefully I'll get a go this year!

• Haha 4

On 25/01/2022 at 22:14, Tom Frankland (T3OMF) said:

Count us in as well @Simon Waterfall Syman84

Will be there Thursday through to Sunday, it's always a good weekend :) 

You bringing the stella ?

25 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

You bringing the stella ?

Nope, just Dawn :p 

2 hours ago, Rednop1 said:

Thats alright Dawn is more fun than you xxx

That's not hard really is it 😁

• 5 weeks later...

Hi booked on the track day, would like to add 2 additional drivers, paid for 1 but can't add another. Shall I do a separate transaction for the other driver? @Simon Waterfall Syman84 please can you advise, thanks. Looking forward to the track day! 

1 hour ago, Retlendon said:

Hi booked on the track day, would like to add 2 additional drivers, paid for 1 but can't add another. Shall I do a separate transaction for the other driver? @Simon Waterfall Syman84 please can you advise, thanks. Looking forward to the track day! 

We can just sort the other one on the day no problem.

• Thanks 1

I normally come with my son but he's not sure he can make it if he'll be able to drive as he's badly damaged his left ankle. If he's ok come the day can we add him as an additional driver closer to the date or on the day.

7 hours ago, Rhett Turner - Black Country AO said:

I normally come with my son but he's not sure he can make it if he'll be able to drive as he's badly damaged his left ankle. If he's ok come the day can we add him as an additional driver closer to the date or on the day.

Not a problem to add additional drivers on the day

• 2 weeks later...

Right this event is now getting closer and as of today is open to the outside world of people attending that are not club members.

Unfortunatly with the current numbers we have to now open up entry as we only have about 15 confirmed westfields this doesnt even cover half of the track rental for the day.

The club want to support more club track days and I have been asked by the Chair to look into other events at eaither end of the year at other venues with this being the main club event.

So all the regular trackday gang who no longer have westfields come and support your club with MX5's and other kit makes.

If we dont get the numbers to make it even cost nuetral this may well be the last one, we want to do more as a club for each area of the club be that cake eater or trackday goer, but if you dont support events when they are arranged then how can we do more.

rant over get booking 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Simon, worth an advert on the Westfield Sportscars FB page, before opening up wider maybe? Apologies if that's already happened and I missed it

1 hour ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

The club want to support more club track days and I have been asked by the Chair to look into other events at eaither end of the year at other venues with this being the main club event.

As Simon said, I'm very, very keen to improve what we do with track days as a Club, BUT, if we don't draw the members to even existing days like Blyton, it's not going to go well when I put the plans to the rest of the committee!

• Thanks 2

Would more people be encouraged to attend if you used one layout in the morning and another in the afternoon especially as the sprint weekend used a different track each day.