LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATION: Steering wheel Alcantra re-trim

Piars400

Evening all

I’m hoping for a few recommendations.

I’d like to get my steering wheel re-trimmed in Alcantara. The current leather trim is in OK nick but I’d like to give Alcantara a go.

Has anybody done this rather than buy a new wheel? Where did you go? What did it cost? I know it’s going to vary by wheel type, diameter, finish, etc, so I’ll take this as a ballpark guide.

I do like the current wheel. It feels ‘right’ in hand, but I do wonder if buying a new Alcantara one would be more cost effective! 

Cheers

Philip

9 hours ago, Piars400 said:

Thanks @Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster I shall check them out!

Cheers

P

13 hours ago, Quinten Uijldert - Webmaster said:

I've heard nothing but praise for https://royalsteeringwheels.com/ but have no first hand experience

well he does a lot of the m3 boys steering wheels and for doing them it makes sense but as as ours are bespoke and off the shelf when i got a quote for  my sparco wheel it was not that far off a new one.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SXRORY said:

well he does a lot of the m3 boys steering wheels and for doing them it makes sense but as as ours are bespoke and off the shelf when i got a quote for  my sparco wheel it was not that far off a new one.

Having had a look on Demon Tweeks this evening I reckon you’ll be right.

I filled out the quote form today, so will hopefully find out in a day or two. Will get back on here and share the details. 

P

Agreed, royal did good work on my s2000 steering wheel, but for the cost you may as well buy a new one for the Westfield.