Too good to be true???

snowy892

24 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

I'd drive slower because I wouldn't want to risk damaging my carbon fibre 😄

I’m getting a prepeg carbon fibre nose this week! 1200 grams

1 hour ago, NickBW said:

Boom.  Weight is 2.6kg
Mine has the AB performance grille and AeroCatch clips installed

For me, i have to make several cuts along the inside lip in both corners across the scuttle to allow the sides to be pulled in without applying too much pressure.
also both lower corners didnt line up to the carbon scuttle very well so i used some resin to build out the sides to get a better finish line

Aerocatches complicated it as its very thin compared to a OEM part form Westfield

hope that helps

Thank you - I think I understand but I'm not 100% sure. Is there a clean way to show what you mean with a photo or two?

FWIW my stock Westfield engine cover weighs 14.6 lbs or 6.6 kg....if your carbon part weighs 2.6kg that's a savings of 4 kg (or 8.8 lbs). To me this is a big deal.

dave

Hi Guys,

I've been in contact with Tofugarage and purchasing doesn't seem an easy task (now we're out of the EU) I need to obtain a EORI (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number) 

• Sad 1

just been on gov.uk site. It states that i don't need on if its for personal use. Very confusing!!

12 hours ago, Gary Taylor said:

Hi Richard yes tofugarage is the same parts as Christoph Bettagg sells.

I’ve got his nosecone, v8 bonnet, scuttle , aero screen and rear arches

im very happy with them.

if I can be of any further help give me a shout there’s pictures in the build thread westy no 2

2F5C0176-F763-49E9-B59B-6B4AC4D591B0.png

Hi Gary, did you buy yours recently or when the UK was in the EU? just wondering the pitfalls on buying within the EU.

14 hours ago, snowy892 said:

Hi Gary, did you buy yours recently or when the UK was in the EU? just wondering the pitfalls on buying within the EU.

Sorry I got mine whilst we were still in the eu

not sure where you are but possibly speak to Christoph and see what can be arranged if you happened to be “passing his door” after a quick channel hop

I bought some seats from Portugal whilst we were in the EU using PayPal. Delivery should have been before we left but wasn't. Vendor refunded VAT and I paid DHL about the same and got them in February last year. Apart from the delivery fiasco, it was straight forward. A big EU wide delivery company like DHL knew what they were doing.

• Like 1