Wide Body FW 'try-out' required please...

Nicky

Hi - I have an option to purchase an FW 2 litre Z-Tec from a seller a long way from my home. Have never had a Westfield (TVR Griffith / 911 Turbo / TR6 / Stingray yes) and am conv=cerned that at 5' 3" I will be too tall.

Anyone near Deal / Sandwich / Surrey who can help with a look-see / sit in?

I test for COVID before meeting anyone and have had three shots (an old geezer).

Thanks

Nick

You will be able to fit in some cars with all the correct bits fitted to suit your build. But unless your comparing a very similar spec cars with the same seats lowered floors etc it’s difficult to know if you would fit without any alterations.

As well as lowered floors you should also check the steering column, factory spec the steering wheel/column will be a couple of inches max away from from the dashboard face, if a removeable steering/boss is fitted this may give you more leg/knee room as these can bring bring the steering wheel further away from the dash which gives more room for legs up and down on peddles 👍

I'm a bit far away for you to try mine, but I'd expect you'll fit with lowered floors as I'm 6ft 5" and can shoehorn myself into my Westfield just fine 👍

Doesn’t need to be an FW by the way. The size and fit of a ZK bodied car will be identical (assuming its a recent wide with lowered floors). FW just refers to the style of bodywork. 

Seats make a huge difference. I'm 6ft 4 and 17st (ish) and fit very comfortably. I have dropped floors and fibreglass seats. I cant drive comfortably in the thicker padded seats. The fibreglass seats are far more comfy than they look. 

Thanks to everyone who'e taken the time to respond... all very encouraging. I tried to test drive two 'different' bodied Lotus 7's - impossible !!  I like the look of the fibreglass seats although the FW I'll be looking at has the padded seats.  My concern now is whether there'll be a lock-down after Christmas - hopefully not. It's wait and see.... Thanks again -