SORN Again

Richgm

Just had a sorn notice and a £25 fine from DVLA this morning.

I sent the SORN off in November when the tax was up (Honest govenor  :devil: ).

I got straight on the phone and pleaded my case that I had sent off the SORN, like the good little boy that I am. The upshot is that I haven't got to pay the fine but must send the nes SORN form (V890 IIRC)  :) .

Asked the woman how am I supposed to know if the SORN was recived. She put me on hold for a little while and then came back and said, "I think that they have started sending out recipts for SORN form since the beging of January". So it looks like they will not accept the plee of, "I sent the form off", for cars which the tax has run out this year, without a recipt to back it up.

You have been warned.

Rich

If you take it into a Post Office they scan the form and give you a recept there and then, only take a minute, you just have to wait an hour for all the  unwilling to work to get there state handouts. :(:(

If you don't do it straight away with the tax reminder form, then it is a V890 that you have to use. I sent mine off about a month ago and about 2 weeks later got a receipt for it. I was very lucky as my tax had expired at the end of September.

Don't dally........do it straight away.

David

you just have to wait an hour for all the  unwilling to work to get there state handouts. :(:(

Or the pensioners. Last time I taxed my non-westy motor I had to wait in line with them. :arse:  Listening to them grumble about people taxing thier cars was quite amusing. :D

Still I suppose they Look forward to it. Gives them something to moan about :sheep:

Or the pensioners. Last time I taxed my non-westy motor I had to wait in line with them.   Listening to them grumble about people taxing thier cars was quite amusing.

When I SORN my car the Old Dear in front of me was complaining that the person that served her all ways asked if she needed any stamps? She went on to explain that she did buy a book of stamps every week but objected to this "High Pressure Sales Technique" so had stopped buying them from the post office and now bought them from another shop.