computer stuff

Karl Woolf

Okay not westy related apart from not being able to access the WSCC as quick ;)

I`ve got an ADSL broadband modem, been working okay for nearly a year, unfortunatley came to the computer one day and my kids (bless em) had b*******ed it good style  :t-up:  :sheep:

So lost my ADSL modem connection (2months now)  :(

My problem is basically my modem is USB and win 98 doesn`t recognise USB, was given a CD with supervoice that was used when first installing but am b*******ed if I can remember what to do with it 12months later :durr:

Any help please  :cool:  :D

Did you install a USB card, or are the USB ports part of the motherboard?

Check the Bios to see if the USB recognition (or whatever it is, can't remember right now  :0 ) is switched on.

Is it possible that the kids have un-installed/deleted something they shouldn't have? If not, you could always try un-installing the USB ports, and restarting and re-installing.......