SOLD - 1990 SE Narrow 2.0 Zetec

Ian Rabbetts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Turbospaniel said:

Has this gone now?

@Turbospaniel The car is still for sale.

this is great value for money, and an ideal first westy. i would advise that @Turbospanielat least have a look at it and make sure he fits in a narrow - they are not for everyone, or if there is a member close by have a 'seat' fitting to see if he fits in one that way he can rule in or out a narrow car.

• Thanks 1

Thanks yeah some one in Cornwall who’s happy for me to squeeze in would be great! 

• 2 months later...

Mid summer bump as the car is still for sale.

Suprised this hasn't gone to France by now, they appear to only let 30 year plus cars in ( as classics). Hope you sell soon 👍

4 hours ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Suprised this hasn't gone to France by now,

Maybe the Zetec is the issue - seem to recall someone from France specifying a x-flow in their wanted ad?

1 hour ago, Kingster said:

Maybe the Zetec is the issue - seem to recall someone from France specifying a x-flow in their wanted ad?

That sounds right. Doesn’t the engine have to be ‘original’ in order to qualify as a classic?

Ah, is that it. Oh that's a shame, almost worth swapping out the motor if the car won't shift over here. ( I know of a rebuilt 1300 GT Xflow that could be available 😉)

• 1 month later...

Amazed this is still for sale, appears a bargain to me given other cars recently. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ian, if Turbospaniel is still interested and needs a trial I have two narrow SE cars, one if which is on the road. One has the squab seats the other has Intatrim buckets. I’m in North Devon, not far from Cornwall if that’s any good? I also have a complete original 1968 Cortina 1600 GT engine block and head (681F I think) if you need interest from French market. We’ve pm’d before. Gareth 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 14:29, GarethHD said:

Ian, if Turbospaniel is still interested and needs a trial I have two narrow SE cars, one if which is on the road. One has the squab seats the other has Intatrim buckets. I’m in North Devon, not far from Cornwall if that’s any good? I also have a complete original 1968 Cortina 1600 GT engine block and head (681F I think) if you need interest from French market. We’ve pm’d before. Gareth 

Many thanks I now have a pinto just need to build the garage for it!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.