Our XTR2 at Donington

Ian Gratton

Has POC driven his car?

He sees to have spent a load of cash on it, new wheels& tyres, new exhaust etc............

Why sell?

Andy ???

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ian Gratton

• SteveD

• Bananaman

• gregh

what a bunch of sceptics you lot are. (ok, most of you)

take some driving lessons, 130 through craner is nothing, i can do 125 in a bog standard Impreza on road tyres.  :p

I'll never forget the crap i used to get from the establishment *cough* when i used to run L16COS, yes that did 155MPH no sweat, got there in 17.5 seconds, would you lot believe it would blow the doors of an R500? erm no, but it did.  :arse:

Craig and Ian's XTR2 is very fast, even at this early stage in it's development, it's going to destroy any of the 7's out there with ease once it's to it's well shaken down spec. As usual with Westfield's, that will take a bit of time, but with my help hopefully that process will be a bit quicker.

Dont forget, indicate and move right as this car aproaches, i thank you.  :D

track conditions ,driver ,car set up ,and the car ,all these things and more can be taken into account  :0 but it does seem a little fast through craner  ;) mr felstead i dont think it will destroy all the sevens out here ,dont hype it up until its proven all the xtr2's out there dont really seem to be doing the buisness  :0 it seems to me someones been watching to many top gear repeats  :0  ;) and remember we cant all be damon hill like what you are

Craners....ah........how I love Craners  ;)

Morning peeps  :)

Great site..........

I had a good day at Oulton albeit a few teething probs again...we're getting there !

Hi Chris (Mellow)

glad you've found where all the ex-scoobynetters are hanging out  :D

How did your steed go at Oulton - would have loved a trip over - but Mrs Hippy and I did the quality time thing on Saturday (not to mention having to purchase a new dishwasher and fridge).  Craig was out blatting in Matlock and racked up another 140 road miles - and nothing broke which is good.

Sunday saw the car back up on the axle stands with John, Dingy, myself and Craig looking at our brake feel problem.  Hopefully figured out how to make things better now (as usual it involves cash injection LOL )

Craig has gone to work in the Westi this morning - whilst the weather is like this its going to be his daily driver...if you live between nottingham and derby don't be shocked if you see the blatmobile (excuse the pun) on a road near you.

Lol.......

The car was fine at Oulton apart from the fuse to the fuel pump packing in...then the hose to the chargecooler from turbo came off...twice ... it's too short and when the engine flexed it popped off again....  Then the fuel pum o ring seal started to leak....and to cap it all off the bracket holding the actuater on broke therefore making 0.5 bar boost the max......

Apart from that the suspension is sooooooooooo $hite it struggled to carry the speed I wanted to through corners.it also meant that turning in sooner was the result (as John commented himself on)....I'm still in two minds with the car..the jury's out.....fast it is....fast enough I don't know..

We'll see.

Glad things are coming together nicely for you and your beast......I'd love to see Craig in his whistle and flute with bowler on top driving down the high street...what a site :D

Regards

Chris

Chris :p

:D

Seems alright for going to work in - got a stone right in the forehead on the A52 though. Stung "a bit" lol :D

LOL@Steve

That red elan looks familiar, if you are racing in the BARC northwest sports/saloons prepare to be anialated by the new incarnation of the Wildcat Esprit. You should recognise that name, i built that car with Simon Allaway, taking shape right now in its all new guise of 6 litre 600BHP V8 and all new front end to cope. Should be interesting.  :sheep:  :arse:

well john there's nothing like stating the obvious is there  :0  :arse: i should hope that a 6Litre 600 BHP V8 would anialate a 260 BHP elan  ??? do you take lesson's or are you on medication  :0  ;) ps won't be doing anything this year you will just have to wait till next year to anialate me  :arse: wouldn't mind but it won't be in my class so me thinks i have no need to worry  :arse:

when you say you built the car with simon allaway  :0 did you pass  the spanners for him  ;)

smithy try williams there no is 01429 543267 and ask for frank ,they have had understeer problems they may be able to help you  ;)

welsh boy heard off ash today that you have been testing the strimmer and the setup frank gave you works  :0  ;)  :blush:  :arse:  :sheep:  :durr: