My membership has lapsed

ljsanders

Hi, my membership lapsed in 2017, I've still got my Westy and recently discovered the South Hants group.

Please can you reactivate my membership so I can pay online. Thanks!

Lee

May I highjack this a wee bit, sorry Lee.

Is it possible to pay for multiple years at a time?. Just thought for long term owners it saves this task every 12 or so months, if this exists , sorry I didn't know.

2 minutes ago, OldStager said:

May I highjack this a wee bit, sorry Lee.

Is it possible to pay for multiple years at a time?. Just thought for long term owners it saves this task every 12 or so months, if this exists , sorry I didn't know.

Shudders as the sensation of footsteps across my grave takes hold....

Many years ago now, when we first moved to PayPal, (accidentally) the auto-renew subscription was left enabled at the Clubs end, and not many people, myself included, noticed, paid renewals, and ended up with multiple subscriptions running! It was a task at the time, i expect, sorting everything out!

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Shudders as the sensation of footsteps across my grave takes hold....

Many years ago now, when we first moved to PayPal, (accidentally) the auto-renew subscription was left enabled at the Clubs end, and not many people, myself included, noticed, paid renewals, and ended up with multiple subscriptions running! It was a task at the time, i expect, sorting everything out!

Ah yes that does sound bad, oh well worth an ask.👍

7 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Ah yes that does sound bad, oh well worth an ask.👍

Absolutely, and to be fair, the world has moved on since then; most are much more used to on-line subscriptions etc, so it may well be something we look at again, specially as the forum software itself has moved on so much in the years after that first glitch.

• Like 1

Ok, now offering me the option to renew. Thanks for whoever sorted it!

Its good to be back!

Thanks
Lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Thank you for reminding me of the worst 48 hours of my period as MemSec… 😬 It landed on my desk at 18:42 on a Tuesday evening with an almighty thump, and ACW and I endured a horrific battle to stop the rot and fix it.  I’m pretty sure at least 6 of my grey hairs were caused by it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Absolutely, and to be fair, the world has moved on since then; most are much more used to on-line subscriptions etc, so it may well be something we look at again, specially as the forum software itself has moved on so much in the years after that first glitch.

I thought something like yearly, 3 years 5 etc -click the button choice when ordering up.. (if the forum software allows that), and either pay in one go or as per as it is now yearly.

Just ideas......

I also remember a certain club member, a very good person as everyone would agree, would send in by post a cheque with a random amount on it entirely unrelated to the annual subscription price, forcing me to calculate the membership period by dividing the renewal cost by 365 days, then dividing the amount on the cheque by that amount and adding something like 1,263 days to their membership period. :bangshead:

• Haha 2

Well I did send a cheque, but it was the correct amount ( I think) 😂. I would have just returned the CQ and requested the correct value, unless they were winding you up 😄

4 minutes ago, OldStager said:

I thought something like yearly, 3 years 5 etc -click the button choice when ordering up.. (if the forum software allows that), and either pay in one go or as per as it is now yearly.

Just ideas......

While I like and admire that idea, the issue becomes if someone sells their Westfield 2 years into a 5 year membership, the paperwork and admin to refund them the remaining period of the membership is somewhat burdensome on the MemSec and Treasurer.  But I do appreciate your train of thought! :) 

Yeah well, ideas as I said. Unless the member understood any remaining membership is non- refundable...