Seight V8 wanted ***now found***

RobertB2021

Hi

Been out for a blast in a V8 Seight and I want one now.

Any for sale out there?

I'm in Edinburgh so I expect I will have to travel a bit due to their rarity.

Thanks.

Robert

Edited by RobertB2021
  • Like 2

I don't know if that's the going rate, but they are rare and rarity commands a price  - sadly.

Ones a ToyBox car, so a trader sale, so will be higher than a private sale, the other appears to be a private seller, selling a car that’s previously been bought from ToyBox, their price may just reflect what they have in the car. It’s not the greatest of spec for the money, but then proper SEiGHTS come up so rarely that it’s hard to keep track of what they’re going for.

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Ones a ToyBox car, so a trader sale, so will be higher than a private sale, the other appears to be a private seller, selling a car that’s previously been bought from ToyBox, their price may just reflect what they have in the car. It’s not the greatest of spec for the money, but then proper SEiGHTS come up so rarely that it’s hard to keep track of what they’re going for.

Just thinking, is there anything @RobertB2021 needs to look out for to make sure he gets a genuine SEiGHT and not a 'normal' car with a V8 fitted ?, that is if he wants a genuine one ?.

Just thinking, is there anything @RobertB2021 needs to look out for to make sure he gets a genuine SEiGHT and not a 'normal' car with a V8 fitted ?, that is if he wants a genuine one ?.

The SeiGHT chassis has more diagonals/bracing (two on each side IIRC) in the engine bay than other models available at the time and more gusset plates/reinforcing around the diff mounting, this is even more obvious in later chassis' as it I believe it was a known point of failure so it was improved. The thing you can't see is that the chassis itself is purported to be made of a thicker gauge of steel and, as a result, is slightly heavier.

There were two options for the central tunnel on factory ordered SeiGHT chassis'- R380/LT77, which was narrower and gave more footwell space, or T5 Borg Warner which is a bit wider and makes things a bit cramped in the cockpit.

Other than looking for the above, and any signs of chassis alteration to accomodate the V8 into another chassis, I can't think of anything that is immediately obvious. I think if you specced the chassis for an underslung exhaust it had two l shaped brackets under the rear chassis cross member just under the diff for the exhaust mounting.

I expect a call to Westfield with the vin number would reveal if a particular car was a proper SeiGHT or not.

I may be biased but I think £16-18K for a SeiGHT is not bad, although as with all Westfields it will depend on the build quality and the overall set-up/level of tune in each car, so it is difficult to say what a good price would be other than what you are prepared to pay.

Sorry to say I'll be keeping mine :)

Luke.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Luke, very comprehensive -  I have absolutely no experience with them, and for me I wouldn't know what I was looking at, other than a Westy with a V8 in it.

• Haha 1

One thing to add. With the LT77 I think the gearbox required a lug to be ground off the casing to allow it to fit even in the R380/LT77 tunnel.

I believe there was an insurance issue with non factory SEiGHTs so please be careful. Best way is with a call to the factory.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, OldStager said:

The toybox one is sold, I've just enquired. The seller has advised me they leave old ads up.

There is another one on the bay atm.

• Like 1

Oh do they, thanks.

I spent last night mulling this V8 conundrum for ages, as it's so tempting, whilst I am still able to get a car like this... But then my sensible side whacked me over head and I can't justify two Westys - as I would never sell the one I have now.

3 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Oh do they, thanks.

I spent last night mulling this V8 conundrum for ages, as it's so tempting, whilst I am still able to get a car like this... But then my sensible side whacked me over head and I can't justify two Westys - as I would never sell the one I have now.

My second westy was a V8.. I recommend its an itch that should definitely be scratched at some point 😁

5 minutes ago, marcusb said:

My second westy was a V8.. I recommend its an itch that should definitely be scratched at some point 😁

You just want me to spend a fair chunk of my pension on a car don't you 😄, it didn't help when a mate brought his Rover P5B round for me to work on, oh the sound of it 🤤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• RobertB2021 changed the title to Seight V8 wanted ***now found***

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.