Coast to Coast 2021

Hey guys, yeahhhhh...! I've been planning a run from East to West and now that covid is being lifted I feel it's right to continue...

I drove most of the route yesterday and it's fantastic!

Plan is to go from 
Ravenscar near Scarborough, up to Whitby, across the N York Moors to Rosedale Abbey,
Pickering
Down Sutton bank
Thirsk
Masham
Leyburn
Sedbergh
Short dash south on M6 to next exit
A590 to Greenodd
Pick up 
A5092
A595

All the way to St Bees sea front car park.

The route will take about 5.30 hrs + stops so most the day... But what a route... Plenty of places to stop for food, petrol, rests..

The views and roads are fantastic... I've picked really good mixture of smooth twisty uppy downy stuff and some fast open A roads. Apart from a mile or so on the M6(sorry but we had to get there), your going to love this.

So the big question is when... I've deliberately left it late as 
a. I was retiring June 30
b. Covid
c. Weather.

Now I'm away in Scotland for a week 23 July ~ 31st so ideally after that.

This can be done in a day from the North East area returning by either A66, further north A69, or over Hartside. If your further afield you may want to consider local Accommodation in Ravenscar. If you need accommodation I'll leave that in your hands as it is much easier all round
Or the other option at St Bees end which seems much cheaper and more of them being in the lake District.

So thoughts guys on a date and anyone interested 😋

Looking forward to this one

Looks good Terry! Will see what dates I can find that fit in with life, the universe and everything 😁👍

I'm thinking date wise 

Aug 7 weekend most are on tour up here

Aug 14 free (my preferred date)

Aug 21 free

Aug 28 stoneleigh

Sep 4 free

I will join you for some of the run.

Hope plenty of distance between the cars and not driving like cocks as on a run the other week I had a car in front of me who liked spinning his wheels and all I got was constantly covered in bl**** stones.

I've always state - everyone has there own navigation. The speed and direction is upto you. Therefore if there's a fast group... See ya there.. etc... There's always some too fast.. I like being last man for some reason

40 minutes ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

I will join you for some of the run.

Hope plenty of distance between the cars and not driving like cocks as on a run the other week I had a car in front of me who liked spinning his wheels and all I got was constantly covered in bl**** stones.

Preferred date Geoff?

Please add what date you prefer so we can get a majority choice

1 minute ago, tex said:

Please add what date you prefer so we can get a majority choice

Hi Terry. Any date for me at the moment is fine. I see you like August the 14th so I will go with that also.

2 x for August the 14th.

• Like 1

Well I never Lancashire are doing similar Aug 14th Blackpool to Whitby then down to Bridlington for the night......

7 minutes ago, Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO said:

Well I never Lancashire are doing similar Aug 14th Blackpool to Whitby then down to Bridlington for the night......

What made you choose Bridlington? Have you been before. I only live a few minutes away but don't often venture there.

was difficult to find somewhere in Whitby that we could park the cars safely so short trip down to Bridlington for overnight stay

4 hours ago, Paul Gibney - Lancashire AO said:

I'd recommend the roads I've picked

Some update to the dayScreenshot_20210716-100123.thumb.png.a1a386ffb664080e314dca3414430837.png

Starting point has now moved to Whitby Abbey... Slightly shorter route but still a full day. 

Screenshot_20210716-100442.png

Screenshot_20210716-100630.png

Screenshot_20210716-100714.png

We're trying to get lunch at the Lakeland Motor Museum. Which looks a lovely place to visit. Anyone who wants to visit the museum would be advised to book ahead because of restrictions etc... 

Menu HERE