Westfield SE Track Focused Car For Sale

john James

My brother and I bought this car in approx 2008-10. We intended to get in motor racing but it never really happened and we just ended up getting it out once a year for a track day. For the past 3-4 years it has been sitting in a barn but I am now losing the ability to store and and so am looking to sell it.

Unfortunately I have little recollection on the cars history and spec but have managed to piece the following from various emails I've found, though unfortunately I can only get back to 2011, as the GMAIL account wont let me go back further.

It had previously won its championship two years on the trot, driven by Chris Davidson, ably assisted in the pits by his father Ian. I'm not sure which championship but it was racing against Caterhams and Westfields and we went to see it win at Rockingham

Ian & Chris had bought the car from a Nick Flowers and he bought it from Jonathan Hawkins.  It was built by Northampton Motorsport, it originally had a Dunnell engine but they ran the big ends at Rockingham while leading the championship (it was then a wet sump engine) Ian Davidson bought an ex Formula  Ford engine from Chris Ward which was a dry sump which he fitted, history said it was Jenson Button’s spare engine but I’m not sure, the car in Chris’s hands won the championship and many lap records, what’s a shame is most of the circuits have changed since so no longer current. 

It has a Scholar formula ford spec dry sump engine with Webber 40 carbs and around 170 bhp and quaife gearbox. It comes with a trailer, two sets of wheels & tyres and bits and bobs. 

The car is by no means immaculate but it is completely functional from a race car perspective and fully kitted out with fire, full cage etc. There are odd small things that need fettling (eg the front headlamp arm has snapped) and it need a new battery but can be heard running.

There is no paperwork with the car. it can be viewed in Northants, 10 mins from J15 of the M1. 20210704_125034.thumb.jpg.1ecaac280808040e99f499c5a38bd8d2.jpg

It's difficult for me to take calls in the day , so please contact me at john@wendoverhouse.com and let me have a phone number with a convenient call back time. Open to offers

thanks for looking20210704_125042.thumb.jpg.e7858a0ed6d4fe33f5fa42c62b36da30.jpg

Edited by john James
change from fixed price to offders
  • Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.