Oulton Park

Bananaman

Fancy a quickie at Oulton Park on Saturday 14th February Afternoon.

Running from 1.30pm until dark (hopefully 5.00pm).

Open Pit Lane

All for the bargain price of £65 for car/1st driver and £10 for additional driver.

Please sign on from 12.30pm. Drivers briefing 1.00pm. See Simon and Graeme who will be on site.

Please ensure that you tell the Registration girls that you are with Track-Action.

Any questions please call

Hazel 07887 746760

Simon 07771 854404

Graeme 07976 726351

Interesting, I thought it was an Evo Active beginner day on Saturday at £70 for half day including 1 to 1 tuition and hot rides in the EVO magazine cars :(

Umm'd and arr'd all week about taking my car, and TBH, glad I didnt.I just went in the tintop with the Mrs (had to take her somewhere for Valentines day :D ). Track was soaked (been raining on and off in the morning and even though it had stopped for the afternoon, never fully dried), and VERY slippery. Subsequently, there were unfortunately a few 'casulties', including a Cateringvan early on, and a 911 that managed to bend both ends just over the brow of Clay Hill.

Such a fab circuit though....

:t-up:  :)  :t-up:  :cool:

Yep, went in the Lotus to watch and never seen so many red flags on a track day.  The Caterham was a real mess, but didn't actually see it happen but must have been carrying some speed to cross the gravel and end up in the tyres. Hope driver and passenger were OK but went off to hospital :oops:

Overheard a conversation on the pitlane that suggested the poor chap panicked when the car got slightly out of shape, and went for the brake pedal. Unfortunately he hit the gas instead..... :down:

Overheard a conversation on the pitlane that suggested the poor chap panicked when the car got slightly out of shape, and went for the brake pedal. Unfortunately he hit the gas instead..... :down:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :oops:  :bangshead:

Hope no lasting damage done. :)

Were there a lot of Evo's out there ???

I've never done a day with these people and woundered who there usual clients are.  :suspect:

As I remember (I've slept a couple of times since) there were:

A swept wing Westfield SE (anybody on here?)

E30 BMW who was sideways at every opportunity :t-up:  :cool:

A Ferrari (Gawd knows what)

A few TVR's

A few Caterhams

IIRC 2 Evo's

Bird powered F27

Race prepped Ford Focus (suspension collapsed eventually, leading to early close :0 )

4 or 5 Porches of various description

Couple of race v6 Vectras

What looked (and sounded) like a WRC 206

Funny bike engined looking thing with two seats and wings front and rear

A couple of Scoobs

A Hyundai (really)

Xr2's, Xr3's

And other stuff too. Probably. :p

So no, not that I noticed......  :)

Pretty good from memory that. The Ferrari was a 360 Challenge Stradale and it sounded aaaaaaaaaaawesome, it was at Elevington a few weeks ago, carbon discs and all  :p Must buy a lottery ticket this week :(