New Westfield owner

Growling

Hello all 👍

I’ve just jumped into Westfield ownership with with an R1 engined Megablade. 

great fun until a water hard pipe rusted through. Doh! 

I’d like to send the previous owner who built the car a message to ask about the part I require, but I can’t seem to send him a private message on here? Or anyone for that matter. could someone let me know how to do it? 

Here’s the Westfield!:

A65C11D0-BAA8-423A-A814-AF4520B86FBB.jpeg

Edited by Growling
  • Like 1

You have to be a fully paid up member to send a private message ,for the small fee you will get more advice than you know what to do with 😁.  
Nice car by the way 👍

• Like 1

Welcome Mr G,

Cracking looking car and just in time for the good weather, whereabouts are you so we can put you in touch with your local members.

If you post a picture of the engine bay and also the part then I'm sure someone on here can help - there is LOADS of knowledge buried in here!

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Welcome Mr G,

Cracking looking car and just in time for the good weather, whereabouts are you so we can put you in touch with your local members.

If you post a picture of the engine bay and also the part then I'm sure someone on here can help - there is LOADS of knowledge buried in here!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I’m from St. Ives, Huntingdonshire. 

I have the 2007 R1 (4C8) engine.

I have just found this coolant pipe is corroded and I need a replacement. However, on removal it looks as if mine might be a custom part.. 🤷🏼‍♂️. I presume to suit the car application. 

As you can see my pipe bends the opposite way to the correct part, and the little pipe is bent on mine.

Is this an off the shelf conversion pipe for BEC applications does anyone know? 

Any info greatly appreciated.

002E235B-881A-4DF4-9C2E-22E9929E7D1C.jpeg

6843CDBA-9331-4039-953F-58ED77D0FF97.jpeg

DD2A6AE9-1D38-4532-91D6-26C2D24E74FB.jpeg

BE1685DB-A8CD-42B9-8C52-99CB6D5F12A1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor said:

A quick look finds this , is it the same ? Might narrow the search on what to ask for at a dealers/ bike breakers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192257707843

failing that it may be easier and quicker to cut off the corroded part and get a new piece welded on

Thanks Gary, that’s very helpful! Thanks.

That does look the same. Interesting as that’s a 2003 part and my engine is a 2007. 

might be a little harder to track down as it looks like they’ve discontinued it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Growling said:

Thanks Gary, that’s very helpful! Thanks.

That does look the same. Interesting as that’s a 2003 part and my engine is a 2007. 

might be a little harder to track down as it looks like they’ve discontinued it. 

As well as here try , Kit Car Blats  and Midlands Kit Cars Owners Group both on Facebook ,there’s a Couple of Bike engined cars out your way I believe .👍

• Like 1